Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

OCPD Officer Charged By Knife-Wielding Suspect; Man Eventually Drops Knife After Cop Threatens To Shoot Him

OCEAN CITY — After what turned out to be a tense and dicey situation, an Ocean City man was arrested on first-degree assault and other charges early Wednesday morning after first threatening to kill another man with a knife and later setting his sights on an OCPD officer who nearly had to shoot the suspect.

Around 4:15 a.m. on Wednesday, an OCPD officer responded to an apartment at 25 Philadelphia Ave. for a reported trespassing. OCPD Communications advised the officer the suspect, later identified as Bryan Taylor, 48, of Ocean City, was inside unit 18. According to the police report, it was third time during the course of the night a complaint had been filed against Taylor for trespassing at the same unit.

As the OCPD officer entered the apartment building, he heard a male voice and pounding on a door. The officer slowly walked up the stairs toward the unit and heard Taylor pounding on the door and saying over and over, “I’m going to kill you, [expletive deleted] I’m going to kill you.” The officer then heard Taylor say, “I’m going to slice you open, I have a knife and I’m going to slice you open.”

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad he didn't shoot him.

Anonymous said...

The cop should have shot him.

ginn said...

I am as vocal a critic of LE as anyone however, I also give credit where it's due.
If the facts are as stated in the article, this OCPD officer did an excellent job.

Anonymous said...

Shooting another human being would completely change my entire life, I'm sure. It would be a picture in my head every day and in my dreams. I'd hate to have that happen to me.

Good thing for the cop he was able to hold off and try to make his warning stern and pointed, and good thing the suicidal idiot chickened out.