Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, October 11, 2013

NELLY: WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY TAXES WHEN GOVERNMENT SHUTS DOWN

Rapper Nelly is as horrified by the government shutdown as most of his fellow Americans. The musician thinks the fact that most of the government isn't operating means it has no right to expect his hard-earned cash.

The impasse might even push him into running for office, he tells VH-1.
I'm trying to campaign, since the government ain't working, we shouldn't have to pay taxes,” Nelly told VH1. "Because, you know, paying taxes is supposed to pay for the government, which in turn is not working. So if they're not working, I shouldn't have to pay taxes.”
Nelly added that, in a way, it’s worse for him because he’s rich.

“And me being in the upper echelon of the tax bracket," he said. "[I] feel that the money I could be saving over these next couple of days could be very vital to my survival.

Source

No comments: