Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, September 22, 2013

A Letter To The Editor 9-19-13

Hey Joe,

Cory Williams, from gander mountain, has requested that I allow 16 days to pick up my purchases, not the required 8 that Maryland law requires. He states that it is company policy to wait 16 for release per his legal team, and if it is before the OCT 1st deadline, that the purchases will be released. If it is not before the OCT 1 deadline, his company will not release them.

But he will only release them if I have purchased a gun within the last year… which I think I have, but feel it shouldn’t matter. this is still in violation of my constitutional rights and I still plan to hold gander mountain responsible if I do not get my purchases, a fact I will pass on to Cory when I see him on Thursday at noon…

He has said they are processing through august right now and plan to be making calls for September soon.

If you know of anyone who has been waiting for a gun purchase from gander mountain, let them know they are welcome to accompany me on Thursday at noon, to confirm the date their purchase can be picked up… though I am a firm believer that all of these waiting periods are in direct violation to “shall not be infringed.” I will wait til the 16th day before rocking the legal boat.

Just an update and I plan to be there on Thursday at noon.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock on brother...

I might want to go with you just to show support, and to stick together...

In fact I think all gun owners and gun lovers, should go not only to possibly get their purchases but also to make a statement that we are tired of this horse shit and thats exactly what it is...

Not to mention the legality of some joe schmoo running the background check on me and get to see my personal information who is not a MSP personnel...

I do not know if the cop will demand you get your stuff or not, they may not want to be involve, and they might say its the policy of the store so you have to listen to it...

But if you read what the Assistant attorney general said, then I do not think this is a far fetched thing, in fact you will need to be demanding your stuff before oct 1 or you will never get it back because of the stupid licence you need...

Based on what the AAG said, he said he feels the law states that once oct 1 comes you can not recieve or no dealer can release their guns to them unless they have a licence no matter if you have been waiting months, weeks or days... HE also said it doesn't matter that you got it in before oct 1... that once it hits oct 1 your screwed...

Anonymous said...

Maryland law does not REQUIRE a release after 8 days.
Law states the dealer MAY release after 7 days, at their discretion.

There was a Lawsuit a month or 2 ago where the state verified this.

There are plenty of dealers releasing after 8 days. I suggest you find one and buy there or have your purchase sent to one.

Anonymous said...

I suggest that you remember that Gander Mountain employees are honest hard working people who do not make the rules. they do what the company (their employer) tells them to do. If you want to make a stand go to the corporate offices with your complaints and leave the poor little hourly wage earners alone.

Anonymous said...

Not sure what all this about but your post sounds a little threatening. I hope SPD are there to make sure everything goes peacefully

Anonymous said...

I have had NO LUCK at Gander Mt with anything. The staff and management in that dept. is ever changing and don't seem to know who is on first. Just sayin.

Anonymous said...

How about this, if you have a problem with Gander Mtn and it's policies then don't shop there. They aren't obligated to do anything for you. Stop your whining and take your business elsewhere.

Anonymous said...

We just got a gun at Winks in Princess Anne. They have been great to deal with.

Anonymous said...

I would suggest you shop elsewhere as well. Winks has a good reputation for good prices and customer service. Shopping at Gander Mountain does nothing for the local economy apart from providing some low paying retail jobs. As far as going into Gander Mountain and forcing the issue you're just asking to get your name flagged in some government computer file as a potential "gun toting wacko" fight the system only after you consider the consequences!

lmclain said...

9:19 thinks that by having the police show up, things will go "peacefully"??
Thats the way it always goes when they show up, huh?

Anonymous said...

so no update?

Anonymous said...

Wink's is good at gun sales, but their ammo pricing is dumpster grade. Gander is the last place you should go for a firearm purchase.

Anonymous said...

not sure about winks, I went in there when shopping for a 9mm
they were not very friendly, and would only show me the 1.

Anonymous said...

I think I just saw a new gun shop on the way to Selbyville just the other side of old Rt. 50 (Old OC Road). Also, there is a good one in Bishopville.

Anonymous said...

Most gun dealers are getting richer and the ones buying guns will probably never get to shoot it in anger.

Be careful you don't shoot yourselves in the foot.

Anonymous said...

9:19 on 9/19-I noticed that as well.Discretion is allowed when selling guns.If I have an uneasy feeling about someone I put the sale off as long as I can legally just in case something does surface.

Anonymous said...

no more handguns for a month or more.
there is not enough time for a 8 day release.

thank you owmalley