Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, February 15, 2013

HIGH SCHOOL GOALIE QUITS TEAM IN MOST DRAMATIC WAY: SCORES ON HIS OWN TEAM, FLIPS OFF COACHES, THEN LEAVES



There are epic ways to quit your job. Then there are epic ways to quit a team. Austin Krause just showed the world one way to do the latter.

Krause is (or was) a senior goalie at Farmington High School in Minnesota. It was senior night on Tuesday, and Krause got the start — a rarer occurence this season. And that was part of the problem: Krause had been losing playing time this season to a sophomore he’s not too fond of.

We’ll let him tell you in his own words what he decided to do to make his point (courtesy of the Farmington Independent):

“They played this sophomore goalie for the starter, he was terrible, I would try and talk to the coaches about this and tell them I want playing time but they never really listen to me or gave me a chance to show them that I’m a better goalie but still wouldn’t trust me so I had it it with I asked a few of my players if they care if I did it and they didn’t care they thought it would be funny so at the third period they dumped it in I stopped it put in my net started to skate off then flicked the coaches not the team the coaches then I saluted them then got off.”
More 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kid has his team rooting for him. There were probably some politics involved with the kid that played goalie.

Anonymous said...

Spoiled punk. If he didn't like the way the team was managed, he could have decided not to play, at all.

Not show this type of bad sportsmanship, disrespect and lack of team spirit.

He should be banned from any future school sports events.

Go home and whine to your parents, if they will allow you to do so.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully he doesn't inspire to be in the military! Maybe he could run for Congress?

Anonymous said...

As a coach, this kid needs to get it together. I'm sure there are other reasons why this kid did not play. He probably just can't face the fact that the sophomore is better than him. I see it all the time...kids' parents blow their heads up and tell them how great they are...but they really aren't. Welcome to the real world, it's a meritocracy, you get what you get on talent.