Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 07, 2013

‘UNCONSTITUTIONAL LAWS AREN’T LAWS’: MARINE WHO PENNED BLISTERING LETTER TO SEN. FEINSTEIN OVER GUN CONTROL SPEAKS OUT

Cpl. Joshua Boston, the U.S. Marine whosescathing open letter to Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) over proposed new gun control legislation went viral, again vowed not to abide by any new law requiring him to register his firearms.

“Whatever happens happens. I have a right granted to me by the Second Amendment in our bill of rights and it says ‘shall not be infringed,’” Boston said Saturday on CNN. “Unconstitutional laws aren’t laws.”

Boston’s letter, titled “No ma’am,” was first posted on CNN’s iReport on Dec. 27 and quickly made the rounds on social media.

“I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America,” the eight-year Marine Corps veteran wrote.

More

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, well, you took an oath to uphold the Constitution, and the Constitution says the Supreme Court will make that call, not you. You don't get to decide what is and isn't constitutional. If that is the case, I have unilaterally decided all guns are unconstitutional, as is the military, television, and bubblegum. Therefore, it all must go!

Anonymous said...

He forgets about that one word in the 2nd amendment REGULATED.

Anonymous said...

1:32
Check your history. Regulated didn't me regulations like it does today. Regulated meant regular, like regular people.
Please study a little history before you spout off.

Anonymous said...

huh...lots of people that don't support the second amendment...while using there first amendment rights....let just do away with all of them. idiots....with no guns there is no hope.

Anonymous said...

If we lose the 2nd amendment, how long do you think it will take to lose the rest of the amendments?

You think our 'leaders' will just let us have our rights out of the goodness of their hearts?

It was by the barrel of guns that we gained our freedom, and by God it will be by the barrel of guns that we keep them.

No guns= no freedoms. I can't put it any simpler than that.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. 516. I'll carry always.

Anonymous said...

I saw a movie once where only the police and military were allowed to have weapons (firearms)... it was called Schindler's List. Is this what we want??