Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, November 12, 2012

Pot-enomics: The Birth Of The Legal Weed Industry

These are high times in America for recreational marijuana users. On Tuesday night, two states – Colorado and Washington – passed historic measures to legalize using and selling small amounts of pot, effectively challenging the federal law that classifies the drug as an illegal narcotic.

In Colorado, adults 21 and older will now be able to legally buy and possess up to one ounce of cannabis and grow as many as six plants. In Washington, the measure authorized the state liquor control board to regulate and tax the drug.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Great Depression had lot to do with over turning alcohol prohibition. We need jobs and new tax revenues like yesterday, and this is one way to get the ball rolling.

I don't like the way alcohol affects me while under the influence, not to mention the next day is even worse.

I should be allowed the freedom to do what I want in my own home. It's my couple beers or glasses of wine at the end of a day, as far as I'm concerned.

Anonymous said...

I see a "pot" tourism industry opening up.