Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, November 09, 2012

NEW MAJORITY

 In a massive reversal of the last two years of Ocean City politics, the four candidates of the city’s de-facto opposition bloc have claimed all of the available council seats, securing the positions of two incumbents as well as ousting two of their bitter rivals.

Council members Mary Knight and Doug Cymek succeeded in their reelection bids on Tuesday, while fellow incumbents Joe Hall and Council President Jim Hall were unseated by Dennis Dare and Joe Mitrecic.

In Ocean City’s first municipal election held in tandem with the national elections, final numbers saw at least twice as many votes cast than in previous elections. Dare was most favored with 1,952 votes, followed by Knight with 1,853; Mitrecic with 1,778; Cymek with 1,680; Jim Hall with 929; Bob Baker with 842; Joe Hall with 806; Sean Rox with 533; John Adkins with 314; and Philip Sayan with 304.

More 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

More of the proof of the changing demographics and how you have to be part of the welfare/entitlement/hand out crowd to get elected. The tax payers do not have a voice anymore and Ocean City has become overrun with the welfare/want more and even criminal types. I see it every morning at the school bus stops.

Anonymous said...

Well the good news for Jim Hall would be that he now has more available time to chase the 21 year old women he seems to love and to possibly harrass a few more women at intersections and parking lots.

Anonymous said...

What exactly do you mean by "harass", 10:58? Men no matter the age are forever looking at good looking woman and cat calling or whatever it's called. I've had it all my life. I even had one follow me a few years ago home and he asked my neighbor if I was married. I don't even dress provatively or anything. It's just the way it is. To harass someone is a strong word that means to be agressive or to intimidate. Women who cry harassment at every little thing are women who due to their own inferior complex cry harassment to bring the attention they feel they are lacking to themselves.

Anonymous said...

WooHoo, OC's in for as much fun as Salibury. I read the OC's papers and watch their council meetings online as well as SBY's.
They got 2 also in OC who find it more important to show off and make what they perceive as clever remarks to fellow council members during meetings and walk off when things don't suit them.
Then you had the ones bantering on Facebook like teenagers saying things such as "you're such a bad boy" and "burn baby burn."
I'd be mortified. I don't how they can go out in public. I'd be hiding from humiliation. Watch some of the old OC meetings. You'd think you were watching the Mitchell/Ireton show.

Anonymous said...

Seems to me the tax payers did come out to vote.

Anonymous said...

I don't know about that 2:31. I was there around 2 and it looked like quite a few of the "winter rental crowd" if you know what I mean. One small group stood out, 4 or 5 white "yo boys" looking types. Most OC tax payer are out of towners who can't vote. I'm not sure I like this practice as it is their money that the town depends on and they don't even have a say in how it's spent.