Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, September 21, 2012

SECTION 8 GATED COMMUNITIES - FREE SH!T GOES UPSCALE

Section 8 isn’t just for Wildwood anymore. The Free Shit Army deserves to live in gated communities. This is America. Forget about politicians promising a chicken in every pot. Vote for Obama. He promises a welfare recipient for every McMansion. Some fancy neighborhoods open gates to Section 8
FL-High-HUD-Rentals…This large home in a gated community in Coral Springs… (Sun Sentinel ) September 13, 2012|By Megan O’Matz, Sun Sentinel Here’s an odd side effect of South Florida’s foreclosure crisis: Some immense homes with pools and three-car garages in gated communities are being rented out to unlikely tenants — poor people paying with Section 8 aid. Among the properties are homes with up to 4,500 square feet of space in private communities with guardhouses and regal names such as “Monarch Lakes” and “Bellagio at Vizcaya.” Some of the owners are teetering on foreclosure and gambling they can earn enough money from the federal housing vouchers to stave off the banks. Others bought the properties cheap in foreclosure auctions and want the guaranteed rental income. Housing advocates and the government view the turnabout as a win-win for homeowners and the poor, who have access to safer communities and better schools. But some neighbors are aghast. More

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to live in Coral Springs. It's definitely NOT a ghetto! I can't believe this crap!

Anonymous said...

Yep, and they'll see their homes get ruined. My old boss did this with a few of his homes(he owned a renovation company). Nothing like gutting a home top to bottom to say "Hell no!" to vouchers!

Anonymous said...

I have rental properties and have never rented to section 8, so had not not studied the ins and out. Never had any problem finding renters (even with doing background checks and requiring two months security deposit).

One of my properties is now up for rent. But now no one can afford the rent except Section 8 people. Had one applicant who wants me to lower my rental fee so it will be eligible for Section 8.

Every background check I have done on the Section 8 applicants shows a record (domestic violence, theft, back child support for kids not living with them, garnished wages, etc). They all have cell phones too. I can now write a book on the Section 8 caliber. These deadbeats need to get a job and pay their own way. My tax dollars are supporting them and now they want me to support them even more by lowering my rental fees. Yeah right.

Anonymous said...

Never thought about it but I guess you could rent condos in Ocean City out to section 8 also.

Anonymous said...

The condo's in Crisfield are full of section eight people. I'm glad I didn't buy one of those units when the market was hot. 4:36 is exactly right in what he says. The government is broke but they keep on spending money on this kind of foolishness. That is why I resent paying my fair share as Obama puts it.

Anonymous said...

As soon as subsidized tenants move in, kiss your nice rental unit goodbye.They will destroy it and the neighborhood.

BEEEEEEEEE CHILLIN SHORTYYYYYYYYY said...

I shared this with my friends across the Country to show them how Obama has used our system to prop up the lazy folks!

JoeAlbero said...

Be prepared Ladies & Gentlemen, a vote for Jim Ireton will deliver this very same environment in Downtown Salisbury.

Anonymous said...

and yet Romney is wrong for pointing out that 47 percent of the country is receiving government help. Just keep giving away money that you don't have... How long can this go on??