Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Grant Phone Scam

Joe,

Beware of any Caller ID "Private Number" calls. I received one just minutes ago. The foreigner kept telling me my name and phone number had been picked to receive a grant for up to $45,000.00. All I needed to do was verify my name, number and give them my bank account number for direct deposit. When I told her I don't give out my account number to anyone she hung up on me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...


That was a simple enough request. She hung up, and your out the 45 thousand.

Anonymous said...

Better yet don't answer period.

Anonymous said...

Why would anyone pick up when CID reads "Unavailable" or "Private"???

Anonymous said...

I have random people give me large amounts of money all the time.

Anonymous said...

Got some just a couple of days ago! Really.

Tell you what, send me your bank account number and I'll . . .