The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Park Service Cleans Tents In Yosemite After Two People Died

The Park Service is deep cleaning rental tents in Yosemite National Park after two visitors died from infections. The two contracted lung disease from contact with rodent waste or breathing dust contaminated with it. The Centers for Disease Control confirmed the visitors became sick after staying in a low-priced section of housing called Curry Village, the San Francisco Chronicle reported. Now, the Park Service is sending letters to 1,700 visitors who were potentially exposed. The disease can take up to a month to develop. A third of the people who get it, die from it.

No comments: