Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, April 13, 2012

Philly Mayor Doesn’t Worry About Terrorists – Because They ‘Wouldn’t Last 15 Minutes’ in Some City Neighborhoods

The violence on inner-city streets is the real “domestic terrorism,” says Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter.

“I never worried much about al-Qaeda in West Philly, because Osama bin Laden wouldn’t last 15 minutes in some of the neighborhoods that I represent,” Nutter said at a recent summit on preventing youth violence in Washington.

“But I do have to worry about Pookie, Man Man and Junebug,” Nutter added. “They are domestic terrorists. They prevent my children from being out in the street playing. They prevent my seniors from going to their meetings. They prevent good, hard-working citizens from going to work.”

More

No comments: