Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, April 13, 2012

Families Now Spend More On Transportation Than Food

The average American family now spends more than $7,600 annually on transportation, according to a recent government study. To put that amount in perspective, it's more than what's spent on food and over twice as much as on health care. The reason cited by the Treasury Department report is due to the increasing cost of gasoline and, consequently, traveling by car.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My health care is around $800.00 a month.
My gas runs around $550.00 a month
My food runs around $600.00 a month
my booze runs around $300.00 a month
My wife runs around $4000.00 a month

Anonymous said...

6:41-You should have your wife converted to propane.

Anonymous said...

If I could convert some of my wife's wind into electricity I could run all my appliances.