Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Nanny state report: NC school officials confiscate preschooler’s homemade lunch

A North Carolina elementary school forced a preschool student to eat cafeteria chicken nuggets for lunch on Jan. 30 after officials reportedly determined that her homemade meal wasn’t up to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s standards for healthfulness, according to a report from the Carolina Journal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chickens don't have nuggets! Parents need to make their kids eat healthier. I'm so tired of seeing so many fat kids and their excuse-riddled parents.

Dana said...

I have a real big problem with a government official telling me what I am to feed MY child. I can tell you that I have done cafeteria duty on a daily basis and it is appalling what some kids have. But it is still the responsibility of the parent. The government needs to stop interfering!
Back off Michelle!!!

Anonymous said...

Well in the story it says the girl had: Turkey and cheese sandwich,banana, apple juice and chips. How the he11 are processed chicken nuggets from a school healthier than that. And besides that if they want to buy my groceries , then they can tell me what to feed my kids. Otherwise they would be told to KMA....