Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, December 02, 2011

The Best Places For Single Moms To Meet Men

Where to find the right guy for you.

Now that I think about it, in my pre-marriage and BC (before children) life, I never had to try very hard to meet men. I would just go about my regular professional and social life and men would be there. Voila!... Plenty of boyfriends. And eventually a husband.

But now that I'm divorced and a single mother, I don't have much of a social life. Finding quality, eligible men feels more like a pipe dream. Meanwhile, my expectations and standards for a potential boyfriend are much higher now that I have children. And at my age I have a low tolerance for losers.

To make matters worse, I'm self-employed. I'm not in a career where I can meet people in offices, at lunchtime restaurants, or at after-work events. It's a pretty insular existence. And with the high price of babysitters, it takes a heck of a lot for me to leave the house. One disappointing night is instant justification to not bother again.

In need of a dating pick-me-up, I turned to a few experts for some pointers on where single moms should go to meet suitable men. Let's face it, as mothers, we don't have the time or patience for dead ends. We need hot spots that can land us some hot results.

The first stop on my fact finding mission was Delaine Moore, a divorce and dating coach and founder of www.IamDivorcedNotDead.com. She shared her three top picks:

1. Online. "With over 50 million people now online dating, there's no excuse not to be a part of the action! You can multitask and scope for dates, all from the privacy of your home. This one was my saving grace," says Moore. There are sites specifically aimed at parents, she adds. Score! Except I haven’t warmed up to online dating. Call me old school or call me scared, but I’m just not ready to go there.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

unemployment lines

Anonymous said...

E.C.I. is another place for dedicated wanna be men to date + marry.

Anonymous said...

Occupy wall street, you're guaranteed to have sex voluntary or involuntary.

Anonymous said...

2:08 PM

Don't believe the hype.