Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, November 14, 2011

STATEMENT FROM GOVERNOR MARTIN O’MALLEY ON THE SUPREME COURT’S REVIEW OF THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT

ANNAPOLIS, MD (November 14, 2011) – Governor Martin O’Malley today issued the following statement on the Supreme Court’s review of the Affordable Care Act:

“In Maryland, over the past five years, we have expanded health care coverage to 290,000 previously uninsured Marylanders, 135,000 of them children. And thanks to President Obama’s leadership, the Affordable Care Act would save our State nearly $830 million over the next 10 years and provide coverage to nearly 400,000 Marylanders.

“We welcome the Supreme Court’s decision to consider the challenges to the Affordable Care Act. The Court should uphold the law, and achieving certainty will be of benefit to states’ implementation efforts. In the meantime, it is the law of the land, and we will continue our work to ensure that our State is on track to have an operational health benefit exchange by 2014 and prepared to bring the full benefits of health care reform to all Marylanders.”

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

O'Malley you are a JERK!!!

Anonymous said...

And my insurance went up and when I previously paid no copay I am now paying $30.

What a scam.

This is from the man who made it mandatory for state employees to pay union dues. How does that grab you.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the language, but bullshit.

Anonymous said...

ok 9:26. What are you bulling?

If it's my post I assure you it's true. If you are questioning the mandatory union fees you can verify that yourself by going to Maryland.gov and checking into the employee/jobs menu. It's there.

Maryland is no longer a 'free' state.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind a $30.00 copay! I get so tired of people complaining about low co-pays when I can't even AFFORD insurance! I cant afford almost $1,000 a month in premiums for a $16,000 family of 2 deductible!
When I go to the doctor, which isn't often, thank God, I pay the WHOLE bill, in CASH.
God forbid something serious happens to me or my husband because it will put us under but we have no choice but to keep gambling that it won't happen.
Some people who have it good never cease to amaze me with their complaining!

Anonymous said...

There really is no problem with the health care system, the problem lies with people who didn't make it a priorty to purchase health insurance. 25 years ago after not being covered under my parents anymore, I purchase a Blue Cross (now Carefirst) policy. I still have the same policy and the premium is $234.00/per month.
It's an excellent policy and I have never had to pay anything out of pocket.
I believe the high premiums are for someone who never had a policy and has applied when getting older and health problems can be expected. If that is the case then of course one should pay more.