Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, November 07, 2011

Older Americans Are 47 Times Richer Than Young

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Older Americans are now 47 times richer than the youngest generation, marking the largest wealth gap ever recorded between the two age groups.

In 2009, households headed by adults 65 years and older held a median net worth of $170,494, while households headed by adults 35 years and younger held a net worth of $3,662, according to a report by the Pew Research Center.

More

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess I missed that boat... Although 171 is really not rich at all.

Bullard Construction said...

Let me expound on that last comment. $170k of net worth is the equivalent of 3-4 years survival money. That means you have to time your retirement within 3 years of your death. wow, pardon me for not capitalizing this sentence because for some reason, wealth is a term used for having more money than that.

Do I hear a unified "DUH!"?

Anonymous said...

There's no reason for old people to have that much money. Take it from them and give it to the young.

Anonymous said...

yeah good time to do away with inheritance tax

Anonymous said...

8:20

That was a stupid remark! I should ignore it but..............

If you think my life savings are to just be taken away by some young punk than let me introduce you to some of the items I was able to purchase with my money.
1. An alarm system on my property.
2. A double barrel shotgun
3. Several hand guns
4. Two German Shepard dogs
5. Two young grandsons - 6'3 and 6'5" tall, about 210-220. These guys are looking forward to a inheritance and I don't believe they intend to share it with you, or anyone like you!

Anonymous said...

maybe because they have worked their whole lives to earn it !!!!!!!
8:20, you're an ass

Anonymous said...

11:14

The guns are being slowly removed from your home.

The dogs are deamed dangerous to society will be removed by animal control.

Which leaves the two grandsons. With an arsonal of laws on the books, they will be taken care of legaly.

well now what? Mr Tuff Guy!