Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Do You 'Exist' Or 'Live'?

The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation ~Thoreau

If you have eyes to see, you’ll see it everywhere. If you listen carefully, you’ll hear it. Most times, logging into Facebook provides an overwhelming dose of it.

Desperation.

It looks a lot like the person who can’t wait for the weekend.

It sounds like the person who walks into the office saying “I hate Monday!!”.

It’s the person who hates their job but needs the money.

And it’s that friend who is miserable in their marriage but can’t stand to be single.

More

2 comments:

Tom said...

I have always worked so I could buy stuff and go on vacations. I only work to do that, I really don’t care to work. It used to piss my boss off something fierce, when I’d say, “I work to live, not live to work”, he on the other hand was a “workaholic” and he had no home life. He hated his wife, kids, and just loved being at work.

Anonymous said...

This is excellent. My mom taught me this a long time ago. She is the richest woman I know because she lives everyday doing exactly what she loves to do and disregards all the stresses of the outside world. Material possessions are but a chokehold around your neck.