Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, September 16, 2011

Andy On President Obama’s New Spending Plan

This week I will be discussing President Obama’s new spending plan – or as I call it, Stimulus II.

In a speech from Washington last week, the President proposed a massive new Stimulus package that would include a bailout for state governments, unemployment benefit extensions and more government spending.  All of this would cost us nearly $500 billion and is coupled with a massive tax hike on American job creators and middle class families.

The President and liberals in Congress still think that government spending creates jobs.  I have a different opinion - I believe that if we want to create jobs in America, we have to stop the spending spree in Washington.  I also believe in Ronald Reagan’s vision of America, where government gets off the back of the private sector and allows them to do what they do best: grow their businesses and create jobs right here in the United States.

I hope that you will listen and send me your thoughts on these critical issues.  You can listen to the clip on my website.

Thank you for your time and your support.  I look forward to seeing you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Attention Andy: the "American Job Creators" are the middle class folks who go out here and drive consumer demand. No one is talking about raising their taxes. As we see, that whole "don't tax the rich", which is what you really mean, hasn't done us too good when it comes to job creation. We had historically low job growth after the Bush tax cuts and it remains crappy today under the same tax structure.