Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Wicomico County Opens Landfill & Transfer Stations But No One To Man Them

It became clear today that Rick Pollitt had told County Employees to take the day off today when gates remained closed but the locks were unlocked.

Someone went around and unlocked the locks but you were on your own once you took the chain off and opened the gates.

The line at the main landfill was just unbelievable. Pollitt must have been sitting back with Ireton and Mehan having a cold one today, along with County Employees.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought something was strange as the routing was all disconbobulated. Now it is making sense.

Anonymous said...

This is stupid. I called the county information phone # on the website and they couldn't tell me if the landfill was open! It's YOUR landfill, boys! I'm not loading up my truck without being able to dump it because I am usIng it for WORK tomorrow! No one at the landfill to answer phones, either.

DUH.

Anonymous said...

well god forbid that county employees be aloud to clean up there property...

Anonymous said...

it was open after isabella which was much worse.

Anonymous said...

This is one screwed-up county in my opinion. I just don't understand how a dump can be closed right after a major hurricane. Am I missing something?

Anonymous said...

To 6:32 - I also called this morning the hot line posted on the Wicomico County website and I was told that I wasn't even suppose to be on the road as there was a curfew. They also said they didn't know if the dump was open or not. This is an absolute disgrace on our executive form of government. I guess there wasn't any emergency hurricane plan.

Anonymous said...

Hope each of you will remember who was the County Exc. during this hurricane and we all needed to haul our tree limbs etc. to the dump to clean up our properties.

Anonymous said...

Don't blame it on the County Exc. he has a Public Information Officer (PIO) isn't he the one suppose to keep the public informed?? We saw very little of him thru the whole hurricane time frame!! You would think as many people that complain about the Exc. even having the position on his staff that he would at least do something to justify his job by keeping the public informed!!!

Anonymous said...

If you live in the city, Ireton will cite you for having that stuff still in your yard!