Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, July 15, 2011

Man Shoots Dog After He Gets Loose, Owners Cry Foul

Shamus was a five year old 110 pound Rottweiler.

And his owners say he was a cupcake, gentle enough to be a buddy to their very small children.

“He was like my child he grew up with my kids my daughter pulled on his ears all the time she learned to walk holding on to him my son the same way," dog owner Angela Magruder said.

On Tuesday, Patrick Magruder was unloading groceries from his car.

Then several things happened at once.

A couple walked by with their dog as Patrick was going out the door to get more bags, and Shamus ran off the porch and into the neighbors yard.

"The victim his wife were walking their animal down the street when the dog approached them in an aggressive manner the victim reports that he did try to flee from the animal but he was forced to discharge his weapon in order to defend himself," County Police Spokeswoman Kathy Batten said.

More

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's horrible, I wasn't there but my sense is the neighbor overreacted. and I have been bitten by a dog before, but I sure as hell wouldn't shoot someones pet. and that sure was nice easy access to his pistol, trigger finger been itchy lately I guess.

lastword said...

It's sad for all people involved I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Ok so I guess this guy has a permit to carry a concealed weapon...If not I think this should be looked into...

Anonymous said...

3:20 PM

yesssssssssss. read the article.

Bullard Construction said...

If the dog was on the attack and he felt threatened, then shoot! None of us need to spend the next 3 weeks out of work or more for a dog attack! we should all have the right to carry for our own protection. Read the 2nd Amendment to the constitution!

Anonymous said...

We don't need no stinking permits . . .

Anonymous said...

Rotweiler. On someone else's property. In attack mode. Yup - shoot to kill.

Anonymous said...

That is right and maybe some Home BOYS will read this b/c they will get a CAP also when breaking into homes and creating havoc.