Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

DelDOT’s New Chief Takes Reins

Saying his top priority is to restore public confidence in an agency shaken by controversy, former federal highway administrator Shailen Bhatt took office Tuesday as Delaware's new secretary of transportation.

While praising the agency, Bhatt said the effort "will not be an easy process."

"Make no mistake. We have a big job in front of us," Bhatt said after Gov. Jack Markell led the new Cabinet secretary through the oath of office during a brief ceremony outside the agency's headquarters.

"One of the things I have heard consistently since I began this process is that my No. 1 job is to 'restore the credibility' of DelDOT," Bhatt said. "I have heard that from legislators, I've heard it from the media, I've even heard it from some of the employees at DelDOT."

READ MORE …

No comments: