Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Reusable Bags Don't Carry Contaminants

WASHINGTON - When word surfaced that a study found reusable bags to be contaminated, Consumer Reports decided to investigate.
 
First, they found the study to be nothing more than plastic bag propaganda: It was prepared by the American Chemistry Council, which is the trade group that advocates plastic bags.
 
Then they discovered only 84 bags were tested.
 
Consumer Reports took matters into their own hands and found there were few safety concerns with reusable bags.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The grocer I go to, Aldi's, doesn't "give" away any bags. The vast majority of regular patrons take their bags in with them, instead of paying the .05 for a plastic bag. I'm not an advocate for forcing through legislation to eliminate plastic bags, but I think on a corporate level, it's ok to encourage consumers. I've been using the same bags for years now.

Anonymous said...

0836: I love Aldi's, wish there was one on the shore.

Anonymous said...

648-So do I. I live in the DC suburbs, but go there weekly. Can't beat the prices or the quality of the product. I think one near the college would do bang up business, but Aldi's rarely(if ever) open in an area so sparsely populated like most of the Shore is.