Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

CASA Already Has The Names And Addresses Of Everyone Who Signed Petitions!

June 26, 2011
By Delegate Smigiel
When I called the State Election Board last week it was to inquire about the allegations that they were going to give the illegal immigration advocate group, CASA, the original petitions to take with them to copy at a local copy center. (see previous blog post).

Little did I know what was to come of that inquiry. The election board personnel gave me the numbers of how many petitions names had been approved, as handwritten and how many were done on computers they also told me how many had been rejected and how gave me a brief explanation of the various reasons for rejecting signatures.I asked if I could get some information sent to me to explain that process, (thinking that when we ask for the copies of the petitions I would be able to translate what the notations in the margins of the petitions mean and why any particular signature had been rejected) I was told I would be sent a disk.
Imagine my surprise, Saturday evening, when I opened the mail from the election board and found a disk that not only contained the information about who was rejected and who was certified along with their addresses, 54,971 names and addresses arranged by counties in alphabetical order.

I just realized that there is no longer an issue of what CASA is going to do if they get the names and addresses of all those who signed petitions, CASA, who also received the disk, already has the information on all those who signed the petition.

I have heard from dozens of people this last weekend who had two concerns:
“Do I have to worry about someone calling to harass me about signing the petition?”  and
“How do I find out if my name is one of the more than 7,000 that was rejected and why it was rejected?”

It is my opinion that the actions of CASA to date would give petition signers legitimate reason to be concerned about what CASA may do with the lists of names.  We know that CASA has been posting phone numbers to call if you see people out exercising their Constitutional duties per Article 16 of the State Constitution, collection signatures. CASA would then send people out to the location to intimidate and harass people coming to sign as well as those collecting signatures.

More

2 comments:

170 grains said...

C'mon in my home and you will meet your maker real fast...

Anonymous said...

I agree with 170 grains. I will be the intimidator, not the intimidatee if anyone comes on my property to harass me about trying to stop the scourge of ILLEGAL ALIENS. They are not undocumented workers or new Americans, they are criminals, and casa and all the politicians that are trying to protect them are criminals as well.