Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, May 16, 2011

How Should Wait Staff Handle Rude Customers?

Anyone who's worked on a wait staff looks at their dining out experiences in a totally different way than the uninitiated. Understanding the pressures and perspective of servers can give you a deeper understanding of how to handle disappointments. For starters, you realize that customers have just as significant a role as servers in making it a pleasant dining experience. That's what I'm told, at least. Full disclosure: My food industry working experience is restricted to one hellish day working at a student union Chick-fil-A.

More »

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Handle them with a smile. I've worked in food service before, and sometimes you get a rude customer. Don't stoop to that level, you're the one on the job, so stay above the fray. Otherwise, you're the one in the wrong. Realizing that all customers are not courteous is like realizing not everyday is going to be sunny, you'll get used to it and through it.

Anonymous said...

I use to tell myself I could win an Oscar for the sincere fakeness I showed rude tables.

jaycee said...

Ever see the movie "Waiting"?

Anonymous said...

Kill them with kindness.

Anonymous said...

Why does everything have to be about a movie?