Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Allow Me To Respond

A friend just sent me the below comment found on another Website....

"I have no doubt that Sarah was found on 12/24. As a political move, Mike Lewis called the community together to search. They were sent everywhere but where the body was. I had friends who went and searched on their own even they people were told not to. A red ribbon was found on the property where she was found indicating that it had already been searched. The red ribbon was a nice little gimmick,wasn't it? Well thought out and useful. I am very bitter about this. I did not celebrate Christmas with my children as I usually do. My children did not have a joyous happy day. Don't get me wrong, I would do it all again, but I am angry that it didn't have to be that way. How did Joe Albero know? He was with Mike Lewis at the command post on 12/24 (not out searching like everyone else)and got the info directly from him and/or that agency."

MY RESPONSE...

While Sheriff Mike Lewis and I are not on good terms at this point and time I'd still like to make something VERY clear here. During this period, Sheriff Lewis was VERY upset because of the information I was receiving and even forwarding to Sheriff Lewis. Sheriff Lewis, (nor any of his staff) at NO time during this investigation fed me any information and I'd swear to that in a court of law.

While there are some who'd like to believe different, let me assure you, Sheriff Lewis over the past 5 years has ALWAYS been amazed at the information I have received, sometimes before HE even became aware of it.

Now, that being said, let me assure each and every one of you following Salisbury News, I know more about this case and things that happened than ANY one of you. You have to believe me when I tell you, it kills me inside to have made the choice to keep that information to myself. And trust me, 95% of it has to do with the case and NOT how things happened to little Sarah.

Out of respect, (for now) for the Family I have chosen to stay silent. However, believe me, there may come a time in which I will say my peace and if certain Family Members keep doing what they're trying to do, that time may come sooner than anyone thinks and that won't be good for a LOT of people.

I simply wanted to clear the air on the above matter. Sheriff Mike Lewis is a good Sheriff. The choices that were made were in the best interest of Sarah Foxwell and the investigation and conviction of Thomas Leggs. Remember, it was my Christmas too. Yet we stayed put until the very end, or shall I say, until WBOC could go LIVE with it.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

The writer of that comment is bitter???? Of course LE had an idea of Leggs movements on the night Sarah disappeared from his cell records. The community was calling on Sheriff Lewis to do something-it wasn;t the other way around. And of course the sheriff had to do something so 100's or 1000's of people weren't walking around blindly possible fouling a crime scene.

kimberly pusey said...

Joe....I love you!!! You keep being you and keep your blogging up!! People need to hear the truth about the "good ole boy" network around here and I this is the place for them to hear it!!!

Anonymous said...

Joe, Is why they (Matt and Davis) did a plea deal with this Monster of a Human Being? Are they hiding something I want to know.

Anonymous said...

I have always felt something was wrong with this time line.

Mardela said...

Who cares? Let Sarah rest in peace and lets move on and heal.

Sheriff Lewis has done a great job leading the county law enforcement. I hope he continues in this role for a long time. Thank you and God Speed!

Anonymous said...

For Gods sake leave it ALONE. WE all had a bad Christmas during htis time. It will always be a part of our holiday thoughts and Sara will always be in our prayers.
Sheriff Lewis has done more in the time he has been in control then Nelms did in his entire career.
Joe you keep doing your blog and keeping it honest. I believe you will always keep us informed with the TRUTH.

Anonymous said...

Joe, You are the bigger and better person for having done the right thing for Sarah. Those who disagree should take an ethics course. I commend you.

Anonymous said...

leave it alone? no can do. if left alone, it will be forgotten. if forgotten, it will happen again.

never forget what happened to this child so it won't happen to another.

Anonymous said...

I have known Mike Lewis since my transfer to the shore in 1987 as part of a State Transitional Team move. Mike is an outstanding person with great concern for the community.I met Mike in the YMCA back at that time and worked out with him; we shared thoughts and concerns regarding crimes and the criminal element here on the shore, and now as the Sherriff Mike can make a better impact regarding crime prevention.
(I agree with the above statements regarding the anger noted in this letter by the writer). I believe we should let Sarah's soul rest with the Lord and move on as noted above. I do respect this article regarding the writer's thoughts. (That is why we have such a great Country with Freedom of Speech, and that should not be infringed upon by this current administration in Washington).

Anonymous said...

The truth is the truth and there are things that the public should know. I too know that there were rumors on Christmas eve that she was found.

Jack K Richards said...

To 7:37 I have to admit that Mike seems to be doing a great job (retired and living in Florida, I only know what I hear and read about him) but I really have to take exception to your remark re: ex-sheriff Hunter Nelms. He worked hard to bring the dept into this century and presented Mike with an upgraded agency and should be commended for his efforts while in office. I was at one time associated with the WCSO, before Nelms was elected and believe me it was no where near the professional agency that was turned over to Mike. No reflection on Mike because he has continued to upgrade the Sheriff's Dept jackkcharl@aol.com

Jack K Richards said...

Oops, meant the reply to be for 7:37 Sorry

Anonymous said...

The question is does this untold information have anything to do with a plea deal instead of the death penalty?

Anonymous said...

Do you people honestly believe they found that found that little girls burnt body and left her there so that they could make a "political move" and have people worry and waste thier Christmas holidays worrying about and searching for her. Let's think about this...For one, you can't go getting cell phone records without a warrant and I believe that takes some time. Secondly, they would not leave her body there as well as any possible evidence to be disrupted by the elements ect. Too many conspiracy theorys!!

Joseph Albero said...

anonymous 9:36, YOU ARE WRONG!

They DID get the cell phone records without a warrant. Maybe next time you'll do some research first.

Anonymous said...

I've always had questions about the custody/guardianship status of the children. Was this a voluntary action on the part of the biological parents or was it something that was determined by the courts?

Anonymous said...

I too always thought not seeking the dealth penalty was a little strange. Guess guilt comes over some that sleep with sex offenders. I hear also that Jennifer's soon to be born baby daddy is also on the registry.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous 10:28 ... I responded to this but I guess I put too many details in my comment. Guardianship was determined by the court, NOT by the biological parents choice.