Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Salisbury News Does Interview With National Public Radio Station


When I received a call last week from Washington, D.C. National Public Radio Headquarters I was very pleased to hear they were interested in an open discussion comparing Blogs to the Main Stream Media. With the choice of literally hundreds of thousands of Blogs, MPR wanted Salisbury News, no question about it.

Today I was joined by G.A. Harrison, (Contributor to SBYNews.com) John Hayden, a former journalist from The Baltimore Sun and the Host of a local Radio Station WRAU (88.5) Brian Russo, I knew things would get interesting and I was right.

While I won't get in depth with the interview, I can tell you it will air on Friday at noon and again Friday evening. Salisbury News will also provide the link to the broadcast so everyone can hear it at their leisure.

So if you were wondering why I have been quiet over the past few hours it is because we were in Ocean City doing the interview.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! But was it NPR or MPR? Isn't NPR that "worthless" organization that all the republicans want defunded? Regardless, good job!

John in Cambridge said...

the NPR radio Station is WAMU based out of American University. the just recently opened up 88.3 in Ocean city where they simulcast the majority of there programing. its not NPR Headquarters, its a Local NPR station, I like you joe, just get it correct.

Anonymous said...

It's looking like Roberta's Ramblings are getting you more publicity than ever.

Anonymous said...

And the others are getting greener and greener! (if ya know what I mean)

Joseph Albero said...

John, read it again. I said the call came from Washington, D.C. their headquarters.

lastword said...

Oh, I forgot to add, You just keep getting bigger and better dontcha? lol. Good. You've been doing this a long time. I think you have earned a little recognition.

Kudos.

dan said...

Supporting NPR? Thanks for wasting my tax money!

(Sarcasm...)

BJH said...

I was happy to participate in the interview as a blogger, along with Joe and G.A. I thought Brian did a great job with the questions.

I'd just like to clarify that I was invited to participate because I'm an Eastern Shore blogger. It's true that I used to be a Baltimore Sun copy editor, but I was NOT representing The Sun.

I was representing only myself and www.MarylandOnMyMind.com. The views I expressed are my own alone, and do not represent anyone else. -- John Hayden

Joseph Albero said...

Thanks for chiming in John. I was planning on doing a more in depth article tomorrow as I was a bit rushed today.

For what its worth, you did a fantastic job today and as a Blogger, forgive me?

Thanks for holding back on the details. I hope you'll agree, people will truly enjoy what we discussed. Its just a shame we didn't have an hour to go into more detail. I have a feeling there will be more to come. Good seeing you again.

BJH said...

Thanks Joe! I think everything the four of us said was on topic and made good sense. Looking forward to hearing the interview on Friday.

Anonymous said...

Joe, A Delmar Paramedic was killed last night in DE riding his motorcyle. Do you have a news on that for a posting? I have not been able to find anything.

Anonymous said...

JT came up with some excuse for not attending. He's afraid to debate head on with you Joe.

Joseph Albero said...

Here's the funny part. While I was away for several hours, Jonathan Taylor and others were trying to put up comments saying I was writing my own comments. Let me assure each and every one of you, any time I put up a comment it has my name on it. Unlike them, I'm NOT afraid to be accountable for what I say.

Anonymous said...

I thought NPR for Salisbury came from 89.5 out of the SU campus. Ed Hunt who was known as Mr. Radio and once the voice for WBOC died yesterday just two short months after his retirement. Today at 5:45 PM they are doing a special on him today on the radio.