Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, December 20, 2010

This Is What I'm Talking About!




Craig Ashley - Cpl. for Wicomico County Sheriff's Office and his Family became the recipients of the UNCONDITIONAL support from Wicomico County residents this morning.


Vehicles started lining up at the Sheriff's Office with, well, you name it. So much so that 4 vehicles were completely loaded and on the way to their temporary home.


Thanks to so many of you the Ashley Family will have, (in the very least)  clothes on their back, furniture to sit and sleep on and at least a half way decent Christmas. Yes, there was even a Christmas Tree in the group of items.


I want it to be known, Furniture Land, (while I was present) made an offer to donate brand new furniture for the Family as well.


So I thank ALL of you for taking the time to deliver these very special gifts. Together We Can Make A Difference! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i guess your going take credit for this to

Anonymous said...

thank you joe for puting this on keep the info comming as far as the comment from 303 how bout shut up

Anonymous said...

Way to go to the surrounding community that has so much Christmas spirit and love for thy neighbors! Way to go Furniture Land!

Merry Christmas to the Ashley Family and I hope 2011 heals and brings happiness to you.

3:03: Who cares who gets the credit? The Ashley Family will have a much better Christmas because their loss was posted on SBY News.

Anonymous said...

I want to thank my Uncle at Furniture Land for his wonderful and generous donation to Craig and his family...You never know from day to day what you will face...from tragic loss to triumph from the love and support of family and friends..Great JOB from all!!!

Anonymous said...

THIS is what Christmas is about aside from the birth of Jesus Christ!
Too bad we don't do this ALL year!

Anonymous said...

3:03, what is wrong with you? Who really cares who "takes credit?" I have yet to see anything about this tragedy in the Daily Times. (Maybe I missed it, and if so, my apologies). As soon as I learned about the fire on sbynews.com, I put out the info to all my Facebook friends (I was one of Craig's teachers; he was an absolutely great human being and still is, I'm sure) and asked that they contribute to Craig's fund at FOP, as I did. Yes, this is what Christmas is about, 3:55. Best wishes, Craig and Shannon and girl.

Anonymous said...

I was there to deliver items of personal care and clothing at 11am this morning..Wow, these ladies that were in the back taking donations for this family were some of the nicest people ..They really gave me a warm loving feeling in my heart..This is what the season is all about..It does not matter who started this help for this family ..It is all about people taking care of people and sharing a little bit of what they have to get this family back on their feet..Giving to this family made my holiday mean a lot more..Try it people ..its worth more than any gift you can receive...Merry Christmas..And pay it forward...It feels good..try it...Merry Christmas..