Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, December 20, 2010

We're Back

I want to thank all of you for the support you have shown in the matter of the most recent threat.

Let me assure each and every one of you, Law Enforcement is on this and have already started knocking on doors asking questions.

Considering what we all experienced almost a year ago here on the Eastern Shore, making such a threat on a child will not be taken lightly.

The Delaware State Police have been to my home and spent quite some time reviewing the evidence, taking notes and making phone calls. I am very confident as well as comforted with their interest and promptness. I can also say that I have spoken to other Law Enforcement Agencies and they have offered their cooperation with the Delaware State Police.

That being said, it's time to move on and get back to what we do best. Folks, allow me to say this. I am well aware that many do not agree with me on many issues, that's what blogging is all about. YOU have every right to your opinion. I'm not going to pull a sob story, its Christmas Time. I will simply say this. Agree with me or disagree with me, I'm cool with that. HOWEVER, leave my Wife and our 10 year old Grandson out of it. They are NOT public figures and quite frankly the threat that we published said NOTHING about harm towards me. Their mistake was threatening a woman and a child.

Come after me all you like but I beg of you, please leave the spouses and children out of it. Thank You for understand and again, thanks for all the support.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God that the police have gotten involved. I am most confident that whoever made such a threat against your family will be brought to justice. It may take some time through research of who exactly posted such a threat; however, once this scum of the earth has been prosecuted to the full extent of the law, I am confident that those types of threats against you and your family will cease. Please, please, please no matter what keep your family safe. Have a phone with you at all times in case you need to call 911. It's been a rough few days for you and your family. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Good luck Joe!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you Joe, Go get em!!

Regardless if anyone is a public figure or not, death threats are not appropriate!!

Anonymous said...

Hope they find him/them so you can feel safe again.

May a nice cold jail cell be waiting for them.

Anonymous said...

Anyone who threatens a child is a dirtbag. Book 'im, Danno!

Anonymous said...

Joe dont let the scum bags off with anything the would suggest to you for settlement.You got got the resources to slam dunk them this time. Lots Of Luck and have a happy Christmas and Ney Year.