Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, December 13, 2010

A Comment Worthy Of A Post

Stewart Davis LORA President has left a new comment on your post "Today's Survey Question": 

I was called by Palmer and yes he called LORA stupid and we have our heads in the sand.He said our group does not know what we are doing.This year alone LORA has given 2- $2,000.00 scholarships, raised $12,000.00 more for future scholarships, handed out more than $34,000.00 in charitable donations along with at least $30,000.00 donations in food for large charitable groups (now how is that for not knowing what we are doing?) He also called me back, spoke his mind then proceded to hang up on me. This has never been personal but his unprofessionalism has made me wonder. I am here representing LORA and our customer base. Its not Stewarts fight. Our customers have asked to help with this issue and we responded. LORA wants to know what indeed is the plan with UMES and Perdue? The sale is the other issue our customers have asked us to represent. LORA will stand strong for our customer base and represent you to the best of our ability. Please come support LORA and our customers tonight and then come to a LORA restaurant to eat. Spending locally keeps the money local!!! 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

go LORA go

Anonymous said...

Palmer is a punk as everyone knows.

Anonymous said...

Palmer is a professional and I have never known him to act in the manner described here.

Anonymous said...

Watch as Palmer flirts with the mayor tonight. He's disgusting. Palmer had done nothing but make money hand over fist at everyone's expense. The taxpayers are paying the mortgage on the Gallery building in the form of rent payments from 2 federal government agencies. Now he wants the state/city taxpayers to pay the mortgage on the Firehouse by renting the basement to UMES Hospitality program. If I'm going to be screwed I'd at least like to be kissed.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with post 5:29.

Anonymous said...

I agree, Palmer is a professional. Professional con artist. How people act in public is one thing, what they do behind closed doors or on the phone one on one is another.

Anonymous said...

I was shocked at hearing that a professional would act in this manner. However, he DID! Poor judgement on his part. I believe that LORA was standing up for the local people, but obviously this was a done deal with the city. Thank you LORA for your hard work and trying to protect the local business. Just heard it was sold to Palmer for the $100,000.

Anonymous said...

That's a shame if that's true 8:01, I hope Joe ties them up in court for years! Now that you know the Gillis's & Ireton screwed the city out of $150,000 remember Ireton on election day and make it a point to never use either of the Gillis boys in your business ventures nor visit anything they put there.

To the ones saying he's a professional, give me a freaking break!!

Stewart Davis said...

5:29, 6:11 Call me, I will tell you in person if you wish... I thought the same until it happened...

Anonymous said...

I commented on a post above. I belive Mr. Davis. Palmer Gillis was obnoxious tonight. He said he didn't know what they were doing with UMES. That's funny becase his son said UMES was their partner. Which is it?

I don't know either Gillis persoally. Only by reputation. But I can see all the good things I heard was wrong because I was shocked by what came out of their mouths tonite. RUDE!

Anonymous said...

P Gillis definitely has a "public" and "private" face. He is the definition of two-faced and will get very nasty if he doesn't get what he wants. No surprise here at all. Go get 'em, Joe.

Anonymous said...

It's not only the mayor that needs to be voted out. Comegys and Smith's seats are up for reelection this spring. Send them both to the retirement home where they belong. They will pay for all of their shenanigans when death comes knocking.