Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, November 01, 2010

Meet Marley


Hi Joe!

Since my husband and I found Marley on your blog and so many readers don't always get to hear about the homes where the animals on your blog go to, I wanted everyone to meet Marley!

My husband and I had talked about getting another dog for quite a while. We had one amazing dog already and his name is Bear and he will be three years old in November. We do not have any children yet so our animals are our world and they really complete our family. We wanted to extend this joy to another dog and we applied twice at the Humane Society, to no avail. Marley was up for adoption in July and we took Bear to meet him and his sisters to decide if any of the dogs would get along. Marley was the only little boy in his litter and got along very well with Bear so we decided that this was the dog for us. This was the most amazing decision for our family.

Marley is about five months old now and he has learned wonderful manners from his older brother. We receive many compliments about how well our dogs behave in the neighborhood and while I wish that I could take the credit, I know that Marley has learned all of his discipline from his brother! The two of them are inseparable and are so loving together. Marley also likes cats. We have two cats in the house and Marley doesn't chase them at all; this is amazing for a puppy!

Among his many attributes, Marley is very loving! He smothers us in kisses when we sit on the sofa; he climbs up the pillows and gives us kisses to wake us up in the morning to tell us that he has to go outside. Our puppy is growing steadily into a great dog and loves to please! Marley has been a wonderful addition to our family and we are so thankful to have found him!

Sincerely,
Christan Maycock McIntyre

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what you're saying is...he's not like his namesake!

I love reading success stories like this.

Anonymous said...

What a great story :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

Aw how cute! I love dogs.

De'ja's Mommy said...

I adpoted a dog that I found right here on Sbynews.com! She is the best ever and I'd like to thank Joe for bringing her into my life!

Anonymous said...

So nice to hear good news!
You helped save an animal with the help of Joes site!
So nice of you to share!
Many, many happy yrs together!

By the way Joe----are you still thinking of opening a Humane Society ?
EW

J.Albero said...

EW, I have not received a call from the County Executive or Mayor on this matter. As I stated in the past, the ONLY way I'll do so is with the full support of the County & City for 5 years.