Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, November 01, 2010

Joel Todd's Mailing

Joe,
    
On Saturday October 30, 2010 I received a letter in the mail from Concerned Citizens for Joel Todd.  Why?  I am a registered Republican.  So I read it and really don't understand it's meaning.  It is a two page letter on why I should vote for Mr. Todd.  Let me break it down for all your readers.
    
Mr. Todd fills the first half with the the reasons I should vote for him and who else is going to vote for him.  He states that he has "as well as over 50 active duty and and retired officers from Worcester County...your county...who want to keep the most qualified person in the job."  At the end of the letter (which covers half of the second page) he lists 50 (exactly fifty) names, titled "Police for Joel Todd".  These names are qualified as follows:  23 Retired members (Some as much as 15 years retired) , 16 Active members (1 a seasonal officer in Ocean City), 7 Captains/Chiefs of Police or Sheriffs that have not seen the inside of a courtroom in a long time,  2 Special Investigators for his office and 2 Fire Marshalls (who have police powers).
   
He spends the other one page bashing his opponent and ridiculing his police support and experience.  He also questions his "police endorsed" as only 40 FOP members.  Well Mr. Todd, every FOP Lodge in Worcester County (there are three, Ocean City, Berlin and Worcester County), FOP Wicomico Lodge, FOP Caroline County Lodge and the Maryland State FOP Lodge have endorsed Mr. Oglesby.  This is very strong support.   Beau Oglesby has 13 (THIRTEEN) years working as a prosecutor and has the energy and desire to make Worcester County a safer place to live.  I know Mr. Todd and Mr. Oglesby personally and have no doubt in giving Mr. Oglesby my support.  I think this is the year that a change be made in Worcester County and that would be to support BEAU OGLESBY.  As you head to the polls please remember BEAU OGLESBY for State's Attorney.
                     
Michael J. O'Connor
Ocean City

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said it better myself Mickey. I hope the entire population of Worcester County has the same beliefs as you. WORCESTER COUNTY VOTERS....PLEASE VOTE BEAU OGLESBY!!!!

It really should tell you alot when EVERY single FOP and a LARGE percentage of officers in that county are telling you they want TODD OUT!! It is time for someone that cares about the community and holds people accountable for what they do. TODD does nothing but make off the wall pleas to make his conviction rates go sky high! With Beau OGLESBY and REGGIE MASON as sheriff, if your a criminal....sorry for your luck! Go to somerset, but stay out of Worcester and Wicomico Counties, cause your not welcome!!

Mardela said...

I wonder if he has the endorsement of any FIRED state police officers, of course I would be refering to his son Jackson, who wrecked so many police cars they once put him on a bicycle. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Anonymous said...

I agree, who cares, if retired, chiefs, captains, fire marshalls want him. They DO NOT go to court on a weekly basis and have to deal with the incompetence and defense attorney oriented pleas. Also the two investigators in his office him. I guess so, do they want to be fired, well I bet they will now when Beau wins. Beau will hold criminals accountable and put the good old boy Worcester County Defense Bar/Joel Todd Network out of business. Beau has allways been hard on criminals and fair to defense attorneys. I would say its time for a change, but that has been played out. I say the Worcester County States Attorneys office needs an overhaul of major proportions.

Kimberly- West Ocean City said...

Did you notice the return address? It is the street address of a law firm called "Coates, Coates, & Coates, PA". Neither of those folks were listed as Concerned Citizens for Joel Todd. Secondly, the post mark was Pre-sorted mail from ACE P&M. I have not researched it out, but wonder if that is linked to Thom Guylas. Third, I wonder if the cost of this mailing will be listed as a donation in kind by ACE P&M. Fourth, the authority line is very small, but does indicate, "by Authority Citizens for Joel Todd, B. Randall Coates Treasurer". So, Mr. Coates, the Treasurer and a partner in Coates, Coates & Coates would not list his name as a concerned Citizen, but is the authority line and used his work address. AND finally, the content: ASSERTIONS and no back up information. It is very clear to an educated person that Joel Todd is desperate to keep his job. Further more, if he is so good, why does he not focus on all of his amazing accomplishments? Joel Todd AGAIN has demonstrated LACK OF INTEGRITY and CHARACTER and will be FIRED by the CITIZENS of WORCESTER COUNTY!

Beau Oglesby is the ANSWER for WOR CTY Residents who want to move in a different direction other than what has been provided by Joel Todd and his cronies. Mr. Todd- keep playing dirty pool and you will be unemployed as folks have lost their trust. AND I question the integrity of Coates, Coates & Coates, PA.

Involved and Informed: Make the right choices on 2 NOV, FOLKS! It is our duty!!!

Anonymous said...

I got the letter and what's concerning to me is Todd's total disregard with the presumption of innocence. He is saying that Oglesby is guilty until proven innocent.

Anonymous said...

I have worked in Wor Co for almost 20 years. I only wished I lived there so I could vote for Beau. I get so sick and tired about hearing Todd's prosecution success rates on certain issues, particularly child abuse. If you only chose to move forward on the slam dunk sure convictions then you will have a high percentage of "wins". A dedicated and agressive SA will risk his own stats to work harder to get a few more perverts off the streets of Wor Co and into Buck's Hotel or prison where they belong.Time to fly away, Tweety Bird. Beau-best of luck tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Mardela-- It's funny that you asked the question about Joel being supported by any FIRED police officers (which btw you shouldn't attack people's children. That's just wrong) when the author of this letter is Michael J. O'Connor. Ask him about his extensive police record including being FIRED from OCPD for using police equipment to wire tap his ex wife.

Anonymous said...

Coates, Coates and Coates. One of the biggest DEFENSE attorneys in Worcester County. Funny how he is backed by them. Anyone say good old boy system. Beau is the clear answer to the problems with the Worcester County States Attorney's Office.

Mardela said...

Anon 12:59 you are absolutely right, I retract my comment and apologize for my remark. I'm not having my best day and sometimes slip up. This should only be about Joel Todd and his record. I also believe that no one should have a career in politics, term limits for all including states attorney. Mr Todd, that you for your service, now step aside.

Anonymous said...

Mardela -- I am the anon from 12:59 and I need to apologize as well. I was very hypocritical because I criticized you for attacking someone and in the same post I attacked someone else. I did not attack a candidate's family member but it was still an attack. I am sorry to Mr. O'Connor for what I said. Everyone seems to be attacking everyone else and I was sick of it and lashed out. Two wrongs do not make a right and I was wrong as well. I will be very glad when November 3 arrives because maybe everyone will go back to work and stop attacking everyone else.

Anonymous said...

I agree 100% with Mr. O'Connor, if Joel Todd would have spent more time convincing me why he should get my vote and less time bashing Beau Oglesby I may have given him a little consideration. However the "forgot to get permission" mailer and the "desperation/bashing/using retired and more names without permission" letter was definitely the writing on the wall and a true reflection of Mr. and Mrs. Todd's personalities. It's time for change in Worcester County! Besides which support would you rather have...ALL the FOP's or most of the local newspapers?! OGLESBY's got my vote!