Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 04, 2010

Lost Golden Retriever




Hi Joe.

I follow your blog everyday and I know thousands of others do to. That is why I am asking if you could post a picture of my dog on your website asking if anyone has seen her. She is a 7 month old Golden Retriever. She got out on Dec. 31st and hasn't come home yet. She has gotten out before but she has always returned home, that is why I am wondering if someone might have picked her up trying to protect her from the cold weather. She may have been seen walking with 3 other dogs along Rt 313 around the Galestown/Rhodesdale area. She is wearing a turquoise blue collar but does not have tags. She is extremely friendly and will go to anyone. Her name is Peyton and she is a dark golden color, about medium size. My family and I miss her very, very much and would really like her to come home. Thank you so much, Joe. Keep up the great work!

Emily Eskridge
emily13708@aol.com

7 comments:

miss stacy said...

Your dog was on Corporation Rd in Sharptown over the weekend. I think it was on Saturday. My kids saw her on our porch but when I went out to check to see if she had tags, she was already leaving. I do remember seeing the bright blue collar. I remember thinking she looked well cared for and was probably just taking a walk around town.

Good luck in finding her. If I see her again, I'll contact you.

Michael said...

I hope you find her. My dog is like a family member.

Maegan said...

I lost my dog for 4 days. I put an ad on petfinder and a lady across the bay sent me an e-mail saying she tracked lost pets. I replied to her and she recommended trying findtoto.com first. Findtoto issues an amber alert on your pet and calls all of your neighbors with a description. It cost me $125for the service, but within 5 minutes of the alert being issued someone called and said they had seen her. They called again that night and said she was walking down their driveway and I was able to get my dog back that night. It was money well spent. I don't know if it would work in your situation, but it might be worth checking out. I lived in a rural area where most people don't have good internet or get a daily paper. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful dog. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Try calling the SPCA in Georgetown. I know Sharptown is in Maryland but there have been a lot of dogs that have gone missing in that area and they think that some dog fighters has been taking any dog they can find. The SPCA has been investigating them. Hopefully the dog is just wandering around though!

10001110101 said...

1:41 oh I hope not. Poor baby.

Anonymous said...

Thank you everyone for your concern. We had a man call this morning and said that he had found her! She is now safe and sound. I so glad we got her back. Thank you, Joe for putting this up here!!!