Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 04, 2010

Salisbury News Has Biggest Year Ever


2009 has proven to be an incredible year for Salisbury News. While our Alexa Ratings dropped to an all time low, (lower is better) we also went over 5,350,000 visits.

Mind you, we did enjoy national recognition on a few articles, which brought in hundreds of thousands of additional visits we don't consider "normal." We still achieved numbers no one here would have ever dreamed of reaching.

As we had told you in the past, 2010 will bring multiple changes for Salisbury News, all of which I can assure you you're going to enjoy.

There are a lot of nameless people I'd like to thank. Salisbury News receives a TON of tips ranging from jokes to serious issues each and every day, sometimes up to 100 of them a day. Fortunately all of the people sending us information understand we cannot publish everything that comes through. I encourage all of you to please continue to send us whatever you like for consideration.

With time comes wisdom. We are still learning but one thing is for sure, Salisbury News is not the same outlet of information we used to be two, three or even four years ago. With time we have mellowed and with time brought great changes to us as well as our community. We're watching the good old boys disappear, or should I say weakening.


We have opened topics for discussion that four years ago no one would have ever commented on. Today, people are far less afraid of retaliation and are more open to putting their opinions into comments and to me that's my biggest goal with Salisbury News, getting YOU involved.


I hear often, "I don't always agree with what you say Joe." GOOD! I don't want you to always agree with me. Heck, there are many times I put up information I don't always agree with either. However, at least the information gets posted and we can all discuss it and agree to disagree.


One thing I'd like to share with everyone is, I never dodge phone calls. If you have something on your mind you are welcome to call me or write me. I get hundreds of e-mail messages per day and let me assure you that I burn up to 5,000 minutes of cell phone time a month on my phone. There's a lot to do in one days time and as I have proven with almost 11,000 articles in 2009, I have to attend meetings, events and many spontaneous topics that never leave me with a scheduled day. Then there's the new television show, which takes up at least two days out of the week.


I do my best and you better believe along the way I also make mistakes. I believe it's called being human. I'm stretched as far as one man can be and somewhere along the way I have to find down time for my Family. So please be patient and remember, we do all of this as a FREE service to our readers and the community.


I'm excited about 2010. Thanks for all of your support and we hope you enjoy what we deliver this year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe~

The fact that you have fire in your belly is a good thing.

Passion is everything in success.

Thank you for having the passion for this.

Anonymous said...

You're a TRUE asset to our community, and I'm thankful that you're willing to do what you're doing. A HUGE heartfelt thanks, both to YOU and your family. AND, to all those unnamed people that help you out, THANKS also!
LH

Jack K Richards said...

Don't know how you can cram so much into 24 hour day, Joe, but glad that you do. The best for you and yours for 2010. jackkcharl@aol.com