Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Not Knowing This About Your Car Tires Could Kill You Or Your Loved Ones UPDATED


ABC News went undercover and found retailers selling aged tires as brand new. This can be incredibly dangerous. Your "new" tires could be six years old and ready to disintegrate on the highway!

UPDATE FROM POHANKA:

After seeing your report this morning on tire aging, our Parts Director has gone through every tire we have in stock and checked the manufactured dates. We found the 2 sets of tires we have in stock are 2 years old and we verified they have a shelf life up to 6 years old. The rest of our inventory was manufactured in 2009. We have been aware of the manufactures dates on tires and have trained our parts employees to keep stock revolving.


Anyone purchasing tires at any Pohanka dealership is welcomed to have the date code verified.

What’s your baby riding on?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will any other local tire seller do the same?

Anonymous said...

Thank you Pohanka! I just checked my own tires, and will need to purchase some.

Anonymous said...

That's Pohanka! Always looking out for the people of the Eastern Shore. Kudos!

Tundra Tom said...

Many different local tire sellers get their stock from the same warehouse in the industrial park, so that is where the tires should be culled.

Anonymous said...

Take your tires back to pep boys if they are old. I called their corporate office and got all new ones. They tried to rip me off , but I won!

Anonymous said...

love those guys

Bryan Fykes said...

Just had 2 installed at University tire 2 weeks ago. went out and checked- manufacture 44th week of 09. I feel safer now. good job guys.

Anonymous said...

I took my truck to Pep Boys once, dropped it off, but upon leaving, forgot to get something out of it. When I located my truck in the garage there was a note on the windshield that read in essence, "rip this dude off." When I contacted the manager, he said he didn't believe me. Too bad the cretin signed it! Needless to say my timing belt replacement was done free of charge.