Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, November 02, 2009

Salisbury Bible Fellowship-- Good Deeds

"Hi Joe

You do not know me but I feel the need to include you in an email I sent to the Daily Times-which they posted Saturday. With all of the bad news today, I feel people need to hear some good news!!! After seeing Milton Savage's pictures in the paper regarding the Salisbury Bible Fellowship's good deeds at the Crisis Center, I felt I could not wait one more day to pass along our experience with this blessed group.

My husband, Beau Nelson, has Stage IV pancreatic cancer + we have no health insurance and are just overwhelmed. Ted Nichols of The Salisbury Bible Fellowship headed a group from his church to come here and help us. I was not sure what they would do, but they wanted to help us and when I looked out the window on Sunday morning-here came a group of men,women,children and teenagers--- all carrying shovels, rakes and other tools. They raked leaves, trimmed bushes,pruned trees & did more than I can say!!! And if that was not enough, they pulled up a Zebra grass that had gotten way out of control.

When the leaves were raked, they ran a mower over the yard with a vacuum attached and cleaned the leaves up. I know this church is blessed by God and they are bestowing their blessings on others. Beau and I will be ever grateful to all of them for their help in this difficult time. I just want as many people as possible to know about this group of wonderful people.

Sincerely,
Jane Nelson
Salisbury,Maryland"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so nice of them! I have already been through this. Lost my husband 6 yrs ago to pancreatic cancer. Not one of my church members has even been to my house since. Maybe I need to change churches... Just goes to show you that there are good people out there.