Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Record Day

Not to be long winded but yesterday brought on yet another record day for Salisbury News. I'm quite surprised, actually. When I looked at the numbers around 10:00 AM, (honestly) I thought, this is going to be one of the slowest days I've seen in at least a year.

Low and behold, I stayed away from Site Meter in fear of having to slowly watch the numbers gradually go up and that just wasn't worth it. So I waited until this morning to see the report and BAM!

Boy those Bank Robberies sure do help business/volume/hits. That's my guess, anyway. It didn't hurt being the first one out there with the news either.

Today I meet with the television station owner and so far, as long as I keep it one day a week, I think we can manage fitting it into our schedule and we'll move forward, (should all the terms and conditions also fit our wants and needs) and deliver a once a week TV Show. I did appreciate ALL of the comments and quite frankly I agreed with the one comment from the person living outside the viewing area. I will also consider providing at least a one day a week show right here on Salisbury News, if not 5 days a week.

Mind you, I have absolutely no clue at all if I'll be worthy of television. A lot has to be discussed as to the style, format and information we'll be going after but I'm sure it will be based on the biggest story of the week. Time will tell. Thanks for visiting and we'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are an original. That is refreshing to people. I see a Howard Stern/Rush combo in the works.

Anonymous said...

Just out of curiosity Joe...Since you get so much attention here, have you even considered offering cheap advertising for local small businesses? I know that you're not necessarily here for the money, but you could make a little bit while helping out our local economy-you could even set it up so that all the advertising proceeds go towards a non-profit like the Kettle Campaign. Perhaps have some advertising banners down the right side of the mainpage or something of that nature. Maybe you could create a post to see if there would be a good amount of people/businesses interested. I know of several people that would definately use SbyNews as an advertising source. What do you think?

Anonymous said...

1:53, I agree with you...let people advertise on Joe's site, so he could help out local businesses. Joe, donating to charities is an excellent idea.