Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

In Memory Of Hubert Allen Riall

Hubert Allen Riall, Stuart, FL - October 26, 2009

Our Dad lost his battle with cancer at home surrounded by his family.

He was born on January 16, 1933 in Salisbury, MD to the late George and Anna Ennis Riall. He graduated from Wicomico High School and Salisbury Teachers College in Salisbury. While he was in school he was a lifeguard down at the City Park. He also served in the Army.

Our Dad's favorite thing to do was fly his Cessna. It made him proud when he'd take us up and we learned how to read the controls. He also enjoyed watching old westerns and war movies. He was known at times to run us kids out of the room with John Wayne reruns. He also relaxed by painting.

Our parents owned and operated Coastal Adjustment Bureau in Salisbury until they sold it and moved to Stuart, FL in 1983. In Florida they owned and operated Coastal Auto Repair in Ft. Pierce, FL and Shirells Restaurant in Stuart, FL.

Dad is survived by his loving and devoted wife Shirley Cooper-Riall, children AJ Riall (Amanda) of Tallahassee, FL, Kimmie Brown-Marshall of Fruitland, MD and Jim Brown (BJ) of Hobe Sound, FL Ginger Brinson (David) of Aurora, NC, daughter-in-law Shelia Riall of Eden, MD and Kim Berry of Royal Palm Beach, FL, 10 grandchildren, 7 great-grandchildren and his devoted dog Lacey who never left his side. There is also an Uncle and several cousins. He also had special friends, Gary Pusey of Fruitland, MD, Lee Parrott of Salisbury, MD and Bob Shilling of Hobe Sound, FL.

He was preceeded in death on October 1, 2009 by his son, Michael Riall.

I'm proud to of been able to call you Dad. You also became my friend. We may of had our ups and downs but when one of us needed the other, well we were always there. While growing up we had rules to go by. At that time we thought those rules were like living in a prison. Instead, we've each grown into adults that you are proud of. I know you aren't suffering any longer and that your in a better place but for now it's hurting knowing you aren't with us any longer. Thank you for being our Dad.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I dont know Kimmie other than to see her post on here and to see Joe talk about her fondly. I want to express my sympathy. This has been one heck of a month for you it seems. You brother now your father. Thoughts and prayers to you.

Anonymous said...

Dad, its been 43 days now and there are no words to describe the hole I feel within. Everyone knows I lost a father, but I'm not sure everyone knows I lost the bestfriend I have ever and will ever know. It's so hard, I have knowone to talk to now. I still want to call you. I tried the other night but the number was disconnected. I could call you anytime day or night and could talk to you about anything.
I wish I had said somethings to you but I just couldn't bring myself to say them because I knew if I did it was goodbye. I hope you knew how much I loved you and that your the reason I am the man I am today, weather on the battlefield or at home with my family the sence of honor and love you taught me is how I strive to live my life. I wanted to tell you something but Mom asked me not to and I understood but I felt I was lying to you. When you got sick I took alot of time off from work and school to be with you. I had to leave school due to missing a total of a month. I just want you to know, I will be picking it back up and finish what you wished for me to do. I will not let you down I promis. I miss you so, so much and just know I will finish school and be the best husband and father I can. Just like you taught me and wished for the day you left this world to go home. With all my heart I love you and will never stop trying to make you proud.

Love,
AJ (Turkey)

Anonymous said...

OMG ... i just found out tonight that Mr. A. Hubert Riall and Mr. Michael A. Riall have passed away not long ago. My name is Khoi (aka CoCo) and i have stayed in their family for a while when i first came to USA. Actually Mr. Hubert and Mrs. Frances wanted to adopt me as their son. If anyone know Mrs. Frances, Ms. Ginger or Ms. Kim's email address, please sent them to love98blackbird@yahoo.com
i would really appriciated. I really missed this family.

Anonymous said...

Day 112
I know greaving is a log painful process but knowing that really doesn't help. There's so much I am trying to get through, with you it was hard and painful but without you it seems so imposable. Now getting past loosing you has just compounded the fracture. I lost it this morning, I want to still call you every morning but for some reason this morning was harder than usual. I still need to except that your gone which is still so unbaleivable even though I know you now home. I don't know what to do I am just so angry with the devil. I have seen his workings at their worst an then with you has been too much. I just pray when I go that god will grant me the opertunoity to face the devil and let all the hurt and supprizingly not anger or hate but let the love I have for humanity out. You kept telling me to let the anger out, I don't know how, or even if it is or ever was anger as much as love. Anyway, there are no words to tell you how much I love you. hopefully my actions for the rest of my life will show you, I just wish we had more time.

Anonymous said...

Well Dad,
It will be a year at 7:13pm Tuesday of next week. Everyday I still want to call you as well as after every exam. I would give almost anything to get one more chance to talk with you. Your really really missed.
Mom is still not good, but I am doing my best to take care of her like I promissed, well short of violating her constitutional rights. Ha, Ha, Ha.
She should be here with me but can't get passed that darn house. I swear its not a home, its a ancher around her neck taking her to the bottom of the ocean. I haven't given up, she thinks she wouldn't be happy up here, and I really beleive she would be. As much as everyone here love's her I can't see how it couldn't be better. Especially with me bugging her everyday. I think she's affraid that we would just not bearound everyday, or that it would be like it is there.
I miss you dad. You were right, I don't think I will every have a friendship like we had.