Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Worth While Fundraiser For Breast Cancer

Joe,

I hope you can post something about this event on the blog, as we're hoping for a good turnout.

In October this year, myself and two other baristas from Eastern Shore Starbucks are going to be walking in the Breast Cancer 3-Day in Washington DC. Over the course of three days we will be walking 60 miles to raise money for breast cancer research. In order to do so, we each have to raise $2,300.00

http://www.the3day.org/

Consequently, this Saturday, August 22, we're having a bake sale outside the North Salisbury Starbucks. All the baked goodies are being donated, and every cent is going toward the walk. We're very grateful for any support, as this is a cause that means a lot to all of us, but especially to me: my mother-in-law died from breast cancer five months after I married my husband. There's no excuse for this, and I want to do all I can to make sure no one else loses their loved ones to breast cancer.

Thank you so much.

Laura Dye

4 comments:

10001110101 said...

Do we just drop the baked good off at Starbucks in the morning?

Anonymous said...

My Wife did the 3Day last year, as did many other women from the Salisbury area. This is an awesome way to raise money and awareness for breast cancer research! You should see the sights and photos in DC of all the walkers and the sea of pinks tents at night!

You wouldn't want my baked goods, trust me-you would have to pay people to take them! But I will forward this to my wife and I'm sure she will do something for you! Good luck to you and your team Laurdo

Anonymous said...

I did the 3 Day last year in Atlanta. It was a phenominal experience, and look forward to doing it again next year. I'll stop by Starbucks this Saturday to give a donation. Good luck Laura to you and your team.
JH

Laura Dye said...

Thanks for posting this, Joe! We had an amazing turnout, and made quite a bit for our efforts. You people rock!