Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Crime In Salisbury - Answers & Awareness


STILL AT LARGE



THURS. AUGUST 6, 2009 Time: 1:00 PM

Invitation to Community Summit - Press Invited

Place: Government Office Building - Front Steps
Who: Mayor, City Council representatives, State & Legislative representatives,
Salisbury citizens, Salisbury Crime Task Force members, Citizens of Salisbury

 
PLEASE COME AND SUPPORT MY EFFORT TO RAISE AWARENESS ABOUT CRIME & HOW SALISBURY POLICE ARE NOT AT WORK

Ann F. von Forthuber
Resident, Johnson Lake
Crime Victim Aug. 6, 2008

My purpose today is to ask for ASK FOR ANSWERS & RAISE AWARENESS TO BRING ATTENTION TO CRIME IN SALISBURY and ONE crime yet UNSOLVED. You will hear of my crime experience and why Salisbury Police have failed to meet the needs of our citizens. Praise will be shed on community activities that have sprung up in response and reaction to my crime incident. Joining me will be Mark McIver (Crime Solvers) who will speak from his professional and family experience about crime. We will address answers to Mayor Ireton’s 7 question Survey on Crime. Mark McIver will share eye-opening crime statistics and offer a new insight into Salisbury’s crime problem. In closing Mark McIver and I will announce an exciting collaboration to bring Salisbury together. After today’s gathering I will be filing a Complaint with the City Solicitor, Mayor Ireton and Salisbury Police in the hope that I may bring some closure to the horrific event that has altered my life.

Most of you know me only as "the lady of the lake" as this time last year I was too embarrassed and ashamed to release my name and address but the events of August 6, 2008 have had a major impact on every part of everyday of my life. And, after one year, my attacker remains free. I have been asking for answers for one year.

Editors Note: Please, if you are able, come out and support this lady in her effort.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the stats on this dude?
Height-approximate weight-hair and eye color?

Anonymous said...

Let's support this brave victim and FIND this perp who is still walking the streets--Webster, get on the job and stop posturing.

Anonymous said...

How bout telling us what crime she was a victim to. I have no idea what this lady is talking about.

Anonymous said...

Amen...support the lady! I am not local or I would be there. As a victim of a violent crime myself, I think what she is doing is so brave.

I don't know what her story is, but stand with her because police honchos don't like victims who are vocal.

Anonymous said...

The detectives found a fingerprint and showed her a line-up with the suspect in it and she could NOT pick him out. A neighbor described the guy as a DARK skin black male with braided hair. This sketch does not at all match the guy who allegedly robbed this woman.

Chimera said...

She has no reason to be embarassed and EVERY reason to be mad as hell that her attacker has not been caught.
Lets see,police car shot at,no arrests.Prostitutes murdered,no arrests.What do you think?