Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Wicomico County Sheriff's Office Press Release


Incident: Theft
Date of Incident: July 2009
Location: Wicomico County, MD
Suspect: William Cleatus Stier,

Narrative: During the month of July 2009
, a deputy from the Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office began investigating reports of a subject allegedly scamming individuals in Wicomico County out of money. Investigation revealed that the subject, William Cleatus Stier, would approach an individual claiming his vehicle broke down and that he and his family were stranded and had no money for the parts necessary for the repair. Stier would then prey on the good nature of the individual to get money from them. However, the investigation revealed that the money was actually used to purchase drugs.

During the investigation, the deputy identified three confirmed victims of Stier and obtained a warrant for his arrest. Stier was arrested on the warrant on 5 August 2009 and transported to the Central Booking Unit where he was processed and taken in front of the District Court Commissioner’s Office. After an initial appearance Stier was detained by the Commissioner in the detention Center in lieu of $15,000.00 bond.

The Wicomico Sheriff’s Office would request that local media air the attached photograph of William Cleatus Stier and ask anyone who believes they may have been a victim of Stier to contact the Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office

Charges:
Theft under $100.00 (3 counts)
Theft Scheme

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of the characters that hangs around the Wawa and elsewhere using that well-worn story. He came up to me twice in a three day period last year.

Orsonwells said...

We read it here first; a month ago!
Good job, WCSO!

Anonymous said...

He has been doing this for years. Thank you WCSO. Now, court system, SA's office, please give us some relief.

Anonymous said...

what a bum, he has a record a mile long. why the hell is he even on the street?

Anonymous said...

He got me several months ago and I wrote in and posted on a thread in Salisbury News about this very guy. Joe, can you ressurect that thread?

Anonymous said...

He came here to my business asking for $7.and some odd cents..for a broken belt on his car. I told him my sons had several belts out in the building maybe we could find one to fit...he wasnt interested...I didnt have a belt either! Glad they caught him. Now I have a lady who comes in ever week or so wanting to borrow $50.00 until she gets her check this afternoon? Right

Anonymous said...

To buy drugs, Really? No way.

Anonymous said...

He came into our business on Rt 13 near the Wawa last week and said he was from Hurlock and his van was broken down. He asked for 13.80 for a belt. I told him to get out and that he was in last month with the same story. He swore it wasn't him and was reluctant to leave. I told him to get out. He proceeded promptly to the Wawa parking lot.

Anonymous said...

I went to school with this cat,he was a loser then.

Anonymous said...

Oh he would of got a belt, just not the way he thought.

Anonymous said...

When I used to work for Wawa, one of our delivery men told me how he saw a woman outside out building trying to do the same exact thing, except asking for gas money instead. He sadly fell for it the first week, and then was stupid enough to try asking him again the next week. He confronted her about it and she took off, heading toward the Walmart probably to pull the same thing.

Anonymous said...

He got me for $40 at my job over 15 years ago. Needed money for a battery. Said his mom was coming from Delaware with money to pay me. Never came back for over a week. He had a check he wanted me to cash and give him the difference. I told him "hell no". I kept the check and of course it wasn't good. He had broken into his grandmothers house while she was in the hospital and stolen her checks. Cops told me I couldn' do anything because I "gave him" the money. I hope he rots in jail this time.

Anonymous said...

At what point, Judge Davis and Judge Wade, do you say enouph? For the past 20 years this guy has been steeling. At least give us a 2 year brake and sentence him to 10 years.

Anonymous said...

Delmar about 4 months ago joe did a post on this

Anonymous said...

This guy got me for $50 dollars two years ago, He was driving a beat up ford pickup and claimed the wheel bearings went out on his boat trailer and needed to borrow the money till he could get to Hurlock and return to pay me. Never happened. A few weeks later I saw in the paper he was arrested for strong arm robbery.

Anonymous said...

if people would stop giving money out to people with these sob stories, then they would stop asking. they wouldnt do it of they didnt get money from some of the people. its not stealing if youre dumb enough to give it to them.