Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, June 12, 2009

Today's Meeting With Louise Smith


I enjoyed a very pleasant meeting with Louise Smith and Brenda Colegrove today. It was cordial and productive.

Louise agreed that she shouldn't have called me out by name in the Monday night Meeting but IMHO that was no big deal.

We have agreed to continue allowing everyone to use flash photography as long as no one takes it to a point where they are distracting the Council.

She felt my words were a bit strong in my e-mail message, (threatening a lawsuit) in which I again stated I never said I was going to sue anyone. She pulled out the e-mail and read it again and it clearly said I would ask a Judge to render a decision.

Louise and I have agreed to disagree on different issues and we have always remained polite to each other over the years.

I also expressed verbally to Louise and Brenda that my concern was not just for myself, it was for ALL citizens entering the room wishing to take pictures of someone receiving a proclamation from a family member and so forth.

So there you have it. A peaceful and fair decision was made. We're ALL moving in the right direction.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got that resolved!!! I've always found Louise to be a very fair person, & it's great you both can Agree to Disagree. That'. what mature people should do. Going directly to the source of the matter & fixing a solution is good!!

Adam Leyritz said...

So my guess is she told you how things were going to be and you agreed. I bet you didn't even think of your attorney while in that meeting.

joealbero said...

Anonymous 5:42, there's only one, maybe two people out there I believe is stupid enough to make such a statement.

Let's see now. Louise Smith tells me I can't take flash pictures in a City Council Meeting and now she's allowing it after our meeting.

I can't help you any more than that and please forgive me if it drives you nuts all weekend trying to figure it out.

Man, some people are just that stupid.

Anonymous said...

She wasn't complaining about the camera flash 2 years ago when all her then supporters were at the council chambers for her swearing in.

Hey louweasel, I want my vote back.

Anonymous said...

Joe, is the same women that seems have trouble with being honest, forthright and truthful? Has there been in change in her character?

If so, i guess there is hope for all of us!

Anonymous said...

Joe if I were you I wouldn't use a flash on her or adjust it on your computer to make her look better.

It is what it is, of course I know what I might do isn't what you will do LoL Not telling you what to do.

Save those good pictures for Campbell and Cohen with their noses to the grindstone!