Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Power Outages Cause Problems In Salisbury And Fruitland





One thing is for sure, this new vacuum system truck owned by the City of Salisbury couldn't have been cheap! Nevertheless, it was out on Carroll Street and Waverly drive because the power went out to the Lift Station and they were forced to manually pump the crud out of the system and bring it to another location elsewhere over and over again.

In Fruitland, the power went out on the West side of Rt. 13 at least 7 times today, all caused by a fire on a Transformer on South Camden Avenue.

We were also told many people in Salisbury didn't have Internet access for a good part of today, which kind of blows me away because the hits and comments today are through the roof.

Hopefully everyone is back to normal by now.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to all those expensive generators the city bought for these lift stations?

Anonymous said...

Park her on the concrete so it cracks.

Anonymous said...

Dont get your you know what caught in that thing.

Anonymous said...

You are seeing the very first signs of the Democrat energy policy in action.
Energy.......expensive and rare!

Don't wanna overheat the earth you know. BTW, record cold temps across the U.S. this year so far.

no logic at all said...

kinda baffles me why the county and city both have one of these vacuum trucks at $250,000 plus each! why not utilize one for both county and city use and save some bucks and fuel.

Anonymous said...

WHen is S Camden AVe going to have Verizon for internet. I am tired of only having Comcast as the only option for broadband internet.

Anonymous said...

my internet was out in the city today, called comcast, they rebuted something I was back on line in seconds

Anonymous said...

anon 639....you are exactly right! The power outages had nothing to do with the storms. I listened to my scanner and heard reports of wires down and pole fires but no one lost power because of that ....it was because of the energy policy you are refering to...Gimme a break!

Anonymous said...

I agree with ANON 9:29 PM!

Comcast is my only choice for Broadband and the worst part about it is that they know it and therefore, they give me horrible service. My internet is out or running extremely slow AT LEAST 20% of the time! I live in a new neighborhood so they can't blame it on old infrastructure (they already tried that excuse). Service calls take days to get out there and they give you a 4 hour block of when they are going to be there-either 8-12, 12-4, or 4-8. I don't know about everybody else, but I work from 8 to 5 and can't take the time off to wait a damn cable guy at my house for 4 hours and of course the 4-8 is never available. Half the time they never show up!

I have already cancelled my television with Comcast and went to DirecTV-the start up costs are a little more expensive, but it is definately worth it! When I called and said "I ****ing hate your product and service, I want to cancel!!" They didn't even attempt to try to get me to stay! They never asked what was wrong, they never offered any billing incentives, they didn't offer lower biling rates, they just said "ok, what's the name on your account so I can begin the process?" Obviously they don't want my business so I'm not giving it to them. Once verizon broadband comes to my neighbor I will be with them for internet...

Anonymous said...

Stick that thing in the river and clean that up.