Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Supreme Court Rejects Challenge to 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy

The Associated Press

The Supreme Court on Monday agreed with the Obama administration and refused to review Pentagon policy barring gays and lesbians from serving openly in the U.S. military. The court said it will not hear an appeal from former Army Capt. James Pietrangelo II, who was dismissed under the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. The federal appeals court in Boston earlier threw out a lawsuit filed by Pietrangelo and 11 other veterans.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think a gay man can kill a terrorist just as easily as a straight man. Most men simply don't want to admit this to be the case. Macho men want to pretend like you have to be straight in order to pull a trigger or push a button. I say let them serve their country! There are a lot of terrorists out there.

Anonymous said...

When I was 14 and waved I was in the hotel above the old court house,(if you know what I mean) and was talking to the guy who bunked next to me and he said he was there for stabbing his male lover 22 times, killing him. From that moment on I realized that gay men can be mean and kill too. Try sleeping comfortable after that. These are the days of my LIFE.(mostly self inflicted).

Anonymous said...

It's not about who can kill were all capable of killing the issue is morale and being able to rely on someone without them trying to touch you or sneak a peak. I think there is a place for gays and women for that matter in the military just not combat operations.

Anonymous said...

I dont think your sexual choice has anything to do with you doing your job, thats ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

Don't ask don't tell is unconstitutional period. It doesn't take a Rocket Surgeon to figure that out. The Supreme Court got it wrong.