Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Anger Management

ANGER MANAGEMENT

When you have that occasional super-bad day, and you just need to take it out on someone, don’t take it out on someone you know, take it out on someone you don’t know.

I was sitting at my desk when I remembered I forgot to make a phone call. I found the number & dialed it. A man answered, saying “Hello?” I politely said, “This is Joe, could I please speak with Robyn Carter?”

Suddenly a manic voice screamed, “Get the right f***ing number!!” and then the man slammed the phone in my ear. I couldn’t believe people could be so rude! When I reviewed the number I should have called, I noticed I had transposed the last two digits. Oops, my bad.

I called Robyn at the correct number & when I finished my conversation with her I hung up & called back the “wrong number” again.

When the guy answered, I screamed “You’re an asshole!!!” and quickly slammed the phone down. I wrote his number in my address book under the name “Asshole.” Then every couple of weeks, while paying bills or just simply having a bad day, I would get Asshole’s number out & give him a call and holler “You’re an asshole!!” when he answered & then slam the phone down.

It always cheered me up.

When Caller ID was introduced, I thought my therapeutic “asshole” calling would have to end. So, I called his number and said “Hi, this is John Smith with the telephone company, I was wondering if you are familiar with our Caller ID program?” Asshole yelled “NO!!” and slammed the phone down. So, I called him right back & said “That’s because you’re an ASSHOLE!!” and hung up quickly.

One day while I was at the store, getting ready to pull into a parking spot, some guy in a black BMW whipped right in to the space I was waiting patiently for. I honked the horn & yelled that I’d been waiting to pull in there, but the idiot ignored me and proceeded into the store. That’s when I noticed the For Sale sign in the window of his BMW, so I wrote down the number wrote Asshole #2 above it.

A couple days later, right after calling the 1st asshole, (who was #1 on my speed dial by now), I thought I’d go ahead & call the BMW Asshole as well.

I said, “Is this the man with the black BMW for sale?”

He said, “Yes it is.”

I asked, “Can you tell me where I can come to see it?”

He said, “Yes, I live at 34 Oaktree Blvd in Fairfax. It’s a yellow home and the BMW is parked out front.”

I asked, “What’s your name?”

He said, “My name’s Don Hansen.”

I asked, “When would be a good time to catch you Don?”

He said, “I’m home every evening after five.”

I said, “Hey listen, can I tell you something?”

He said, “Sure”

I said, “Don, you’re an asshole!!” and slammed the phone down.

I added his number at Speed Dial #2. Now when my day sucks, I have two assholes I can call.

Then, I came up with an idea. I called Asshole #1. He said “Hello”

I said “You’re an asshole!” (But I didn’t hang up).

He asked, “Are you still there?”

I said, “Yeah.”

He screamed, “Stop calling me!!!!!”

I said, “Make me.”

He asked, “Who the hell are you?”

I said, “My name is Don Hansen.”

He said, “Yeah, and where do you live?”

I said, “Asshole, I live at 34 Oaktree Blvd in Fairfax. A yellow house with a black BMW parked out front.”

He said, “Well Don, you better say your prayers, I’m on my way over there right now!”

I said, “Yeah, I’m sooooo… scared asshole,” and hung up.

Then I called Asshole #2.

He said, “Hello”

I said, “Well hello there, Asshole!”

He yelled, “I swear, if I every find out who the hell you are…”

I answered, “Well asshole, now’s your chance, I’m on my way right now.”

Then I hung up the phone & immediately called the Fairfax police department and told them I was on my way over to 34 Oaktree Blvd to kill my cheating lover. Then I called Channel 9 news about the gang war that was going down on Oaktree Blvd in Fairfax.

I then quickly got in my car & headed to Fairfax. I arrived just in time to see Asshole #1 & Asshole #2 beating the shit out of each other (no pun intended) in front of six police cars and the Channel 9 News crew hovering in their helicopter.

Wow…Anger Management works very well! I feel awesome. Excuse me while I go to find my next two assholes.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was awesome. im gonna try it!!!

SunnyInOC said...

When there's a person on my cell phone that I don't want to answer, I save the contact as "NO" or "DO NOT ANSWER." Does anyone have any of those on their cell phones?

Anonymous said...

I just take a couple tube hits and all mellow again.

Wymzie said...

This proves that I am no longer the resident wackjob Sunny!

Anonymous said...

one is at the mayors office and the other at the police station, lets see if you arrange a showdown of them two. MERRY CHRISTMAS

BossHogg said...

Sunny:

They are filed under W for Wackos

Then a simple type of Wacko is added so I know who or what they are when they call.

*67 will block your number

Long gone are the days of the good old fashioned prank phone calls.

Anonymous said...

*67 huh, well just hit *57 when the person calls and that will send a trace to the phone company that police can retrieve. Call the police about phone abuse and tada, the person is known and charged. So please people don't go off calling until you know all the facts.

I do love the payback though, we do have plenty of assholes that need calling, but just want you to be aware.

Anonymous said...

I remember one time being in a resort hotel and the couple in the NEXT door hotel room were battling it out verbally in the middle of the night. After about 20 minutes of hearing their LOUD anger towards one another, I called their room and said I was in the room DOWN BELOW and said if they did'nt shut up I was going to come up and kick some a$$. Well, I don't know what happened to the room guests doen below, but we got a good night's sleep next door!!!