Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Van delized

For the past few weeks, I have had a van parked in front of my office, with a for sale sign displayed in the window. This weekend, it was van vandalized. It was parked directly in front of my office, facing Riverside Drive in clear view of the entire area, in the center of town. Not one, but two people picked up separate landscaping blocks that I have placed around the property and smashed them into the windshield. You can see the two smashes and the blocks lying in front of the vehicle (it makes for a delightful picture). The van was not broken into, no one tried to steal it (although we have had a different truck stolen from the premises and several break ins last year), I guess it was just a “for kicks” type of crime. Who the hell would do such a thing? It is absolutely infuriating. And to think, they are (or were) building a few hundred very upscale condos in this area, complete with residents that drive much nicer cars than my simple work van.

2 comments:

Wymzie said...

Didn't the cameras pick up who was doing this Joe?

One would think that this is the very reason these cameras are there.

Guess SPD doesn't really care about redeeming their public image as to why the cameras are facing your building.

It looks to me like this would be a perfect opportunity for them to do so.

Idiots!

Chimera said...

Did SBynews move to Riverside Dr?
I bet you would have loved to have caught them in the act!