Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

PUT YOUR CAR KEYS BESIDE YOUR BED AT NIGHT

Tell your spouse, your children, your neighbors, your parents your, Dr's
office, the check-out girl at the market, everyone you run across.

Put your car keys beside your bed at night. If you hear a noise outside your
home or someone trying to get in your house, just press the panic button for
your car. The alarm will be set off, and the horn will continue to sound
until either you turn it off or the car battery dies.

This tip came from a neighborhood watch coordinator. Next time you come home
for the night and you start to put your keys away, think of this:

It's a security alarm system that you probably already have and requires no
installation. Test it. It will go off from most everywhere inside your house
and will keep honking until your battery runs down or until you reset it
with the button on the key fob chain. It works if you park in your driveway
or garage If your car alarm goes off when someone is trying to break into
your house, odds are the burglar rapist won't stick around... After a few
seconds all the neighbors will be looking out their windows to see who is
out there and sure enough the criminal won't want that. And remember to
carry your keys while walking to your car in a parking lot. The alarm can
work the same way there ..... This is something that should really be shared
with everyone. Maybe it could save a life or a sexual abuse crime.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

personally i prefer a 44 next to my bed

Tim Chaney said...

Good idea, I'll put them right beside the pistol.

Anonymous said...

nothing says get the heck out of my house quite like a bullet in the head...

Anonymous said...

Im a shooter too.

Anonymous said...

I have never opened an eye when somebody's car alarm went off. I just wonder why people have them. Once I was in Burger King's parking lot at lunchtime, eating my take out in my car. somebody's alarm went off; I couldn't see because of the van next to me, but the sound was coming from the area in clear view of the front side windows. It never stopped; it just faded away in the distance as the vehicle drove away. Nobody calls 911. I'll stick with my .45.

Anonymous said...

WTF!!! YOU PEOPLE ARE NUTS!

THIS IS A GREAT IDEA THAT MOST WOULD NEVER THINK OF.

THANKS - THAT'S WHERE MY KEYS WILL BE IN THE FUTURE.

( won't move my 44 either ;) )

Anonymous said...

i think the gun next to my bed will work alot better then my damn car alarm. i think every home owner needs to keep one next to their bed. That could save our tax dollars by not locking up as many! take matters in ur own hands! lol

Anonymous said...

I'm all for personal fire arms for protection, but its irresponsible people that don't secure them after the nights sleep that allow them to get into the hands of criminals. Have it there there for sleep, but please lock it up when you leave.

Anonymous said...

this is a good idea, if you try this maybe you wouldnt have to use that 44. i will keep my gun near to but alternatives is always the best if possible. From now on the keys by the bed.