Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, November 07, 2008

Neighborhood Alert

It's been reported to Salisbury police that several cars were broken into early this morning (the latest being at about 7:30) in the 700 and 800 blocks of Camden Avenue. All of the cars were parked in the owners' driveways. At least one vehicle was unlocked. Theft occurred in at least two of the break-ins. One victim saw the perpetrator in their vehicle and called police, describing the individual as follows:

Black male
5' 9" - 5' 10"
180 pounds
Brown hat
Brown jacket

If you have seen an individual fitting this description in or near the Camden neighborhood, please call the Salisbury Police Department at 410-548-3165.

To minimize the possibility of similar events occurring, all are urged to never leave their keys in their vehicles and to lock their car doors every time they leave their vehicles.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Black male
5'9-5'10'
180 lbs.
Brown hat
Brown jacket
That narrows it down to about 25% of the population.

Anonymous said...

FYI,
I live over by Wor-Wic and found that my car and my roommates car were both rummaged through wednesday night. We probably should have reported it, but nothing was taken, they must have wanted my cold hard cash!!! They tore my care apart, throwing everything from the glove compartment and the center console on the floors and seats! Nothing was taken, but my change!

tedh said...

Hey he was redistributing the wealth.

Anonymous said...

Hey Criminals, didnt you get the memo you dont have to steal from us anymore, your Savior President Elect is going to just give you the money and you dont have to do anything, so just have some patience.

Anonymous said...

I live in Fruitland and my car was "broken" into as well although the doors were unlocked so that was my own stupidity!! Normally people tease me about how messy my car is but I think it helped in this case! Not sure what they were looking for, everything was thrown everywhere but nothing missing! They didn't even take my change!! But I only had about $1.25 in small coins though. But just lock your doors!

Anonymous said...

i was pretty stupid and left my doors unlocked as well! It doesnt make it ok to go through my car though! I should also add, my husband is a leo and we have many neighbors who are leos, all with marked or unmarked police vehicle...so if that doesnt deter them...not much will!

Anonymous said...

Our neighborhood has been successful in getting the thieves caught on more than one occasion. Thanks, Joe, for putting up to psot so that people can be on the lookout and call the SPD non-emergency number if they see someone in Camden who fits this description. I recall seeing someone gressed in brown hat and jacket who meets the description earlier in the week and will keep an eye out.

Anonymous said...

Folks, ALWAYS lock your cars.

And ALWAYS report this stuff, even though it seems small! It makes it possible for police to catch the perps if there's a pattern going on. You aren't going to know there's a pattern, so report, report, report!

Anonymous said...

Okay. What's a leo?

Anonymous said...

every day, someone fits that description many times over...

Anonymous said...

7:05:
A law enforcement officer.