Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, October 06, 2008

Would You Pay $2,000.00 A Month In Taxes Just To Live In Salisbury?








That's about what you'd pay for these two homes going up for Auction later this month. While the first home probably has a value of around $3,000,000.00, Jennifer and I had looked at this home 4 years ago when they first started the construction on it. It's a beautiful home on the River but $3,000,000.00?

Then came the big question, how much are the taxes yearly? The answer, around $20,000.00+ per year. I'm sorry but we have 7.5 acres where we're at in Delmar, DE. with a newer home, around 3,500+ sq. ft. and we pay $1,200.00 a YEAR in taxes.

The days of my paying out huge tax numbers for a home are over. There's absolutely NOTHING in this neighborhood that would attract me to relocate there. Shopping is all the way at the North end of Salisbury and this home is buried on the South end of the City. Heck, I don't even understand how this could be in the City Limits?

Beautiful homes but I wouldn't even consider it at $1,500,000.00. I'm sure someone would though. Mayor, take your taxes and shove it.

17 comments:

Tim Chaney said...

Isn't that house on the river near the poop plant? That's where I found a finely polished stone axe when I took Owen to the porto potty LoL

Anonymous said...

Thats where I found a finely polished pecan log!

Anonymous said...

Sir:

"... a beautiful home ..." ?

Well, they say it's all in the eye of the beholder. It looks like yet another McMansion to me.

Anonymous said...

I bet she wont cool for shit in 90% plus weather.

Anonymous said...

Joe:

I've been telling everyone about the disparity in taxes between Delaware and Maryland also. Just about everyday when go and work in Delaware I hear about the disparity in taxes. And then one day I realized that almost every home I work-in is a Marylander who has relocated. It's even worse across the Bay.

Anonymous said...

Liberal just don't get it with the taxes. Did you hear that the Governator has said the US should help out Californias Government budget deficit?
California, that has soem of the highest taxes in the country, and they can't balance the budget.
Salisbury, and Maryland are just chasing poeple away. They just don't get it.

Anonymous said...

Joe:

This could be Chief's starter home in Salisbury -- would you make him a loan?

Anonymous said...

How about converting it to that new city hall that Barrie Tilghman wants?

Anonymous said...

So you have 7.5 acres where you're at. I think that should be "where you are". You're learning, Joe. LOL

Anonymous said...

All the kings horses and all the kings men, couldnt put this economy back together again.

Anonymous said...

wow... this is only the 400th time Joe has worked in his house, lot size, and taxes. Yeahhhh for Joe.

Anonymous said...

and it comes with the wonderful odor of the waste water treatment plant for FREE...that kinda trumps the water view...pewwwwww

Mardela said...

You also get a river full of free Baby Ruths. An added plus!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, has anyone determined what would REALLY happen if the city police and the county sheriff offices joined forces? I know it would be better for the people. How about savings in taxpayer dollars? I'd love to hear some opinions on this.

LetterWriter said...

Do you think the soon to be owners of this home will send their kids to Salisbury University?

Anonymous said...

No Dahlia,
They'd be the ones to go to Washington College or to another of the really expensive schools.
Anybody who'd live in a house such as this one is all about showing off. Saying your kids attend SU is like saying they go to public school. Not likely to happen.

Anonymous said...

I think the house is beauiful wish I could afford it!