Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, October 10, 2008

Tough Love vs. Spanking - Good Argument

Most people think it improper to spank children, so I have tried other methods to control my kids when they have one of 'those moments.'

One that I found effective is for me to just take the child for a car ride and talk.

Some say it's the vibration from the car, others say it's the time away from any distractions such as TV, Video Games, Computer, IPod, etc.

Either way, my kids usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our car ride together. Eye to eye contact helps a lot too.

I've included a photo below of one of my sessions with my son, in case you would like to use the technique.

Sincerely,
Your Friend





This works with grandchildren,
nieces, and nephews as well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nobody else gets my obscure references, but the kid on the hood looks like the deranged paper boy in the 80's John Cusack movie "Better Off Dead." (i.e. "I want my two dollars!!!!)

Mardela said...

I usually have to get my car up to 65mph before my kids calm down.

Anonymous said...

This is funny ! Thanks for making me laugh this morning; it's good that not everything has to be too serious or about a local problem.

Anonymous said...

I am not opposed to spanking. I believe there is a direct link between their bottoms and their brains and once it is stimulated their comprehension levels increase dramatically. But this methods works well too.

Anonymous said...

Thank Goodness! There for a minute I thought this was serious. Hysterical!

Anonymous said...

Damnit Joe, I asked you not to post my photo now Mike Lewis knows I run 99mph through Pittsville with my kid on the hood. Until now they thought it was fire siren. LOL