Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, October 10, 2008

New Harris TV Ad: What People Are Saying About Frank Kratovil


New Harris TV Ad: "What people are saying about Frank Kratovil"
"Kratovil's just like O'Malley, more taxes, more spending"




Annapolis - Today, the Andy Harris for Congress campaign launched a new television ad titled "What people are saying about Frank Kratovil." The ad will air on broadcast and cable throughout the district. This is the first ad featuring former Republican Governor Bob Ehrlich.

The "Man on the Street" style ad highlights what average people are saying about Frank Kratovil. One man in the ad says, "Kratovil's just like O'Malley, more taxes, more spending."

"In this time of economic turmoil, Frank Kratovil's liberal policies will hurt Maryland families," said Chris Meekins, Harris Campaign Manager. "Kratovil's liberal policies of raising taxes and increasing wasteful spending will push our nation into a deep recession."

Showing just how out of touch Frank Kratovil is with the struggles of working families, Frank Kratovil declared earlier this week that "we solved the crisis." "Kratovil's wrong, the crisis is not solved." added Meekins.

Script of the Ad:

Man 1 - Kratovil wants to raise taxes and I can't afford any more taxes
Woman 1 - Raising taxes is never a good idea
Man 2 - Kratovil's just like O'Malley, more taxes more spending.
Woman 2 - Kratovil - too liberal
Man 3 - Just too liberal
Woman 3 - He's a big spender
Woman 4 - We can't afford Kratovil's liberal policies
Announcer - There's a clear choice for Maryland families. Andy Harris
Man 4 - He believes my money is my money, not the Washington's
Governor Ehrlich - My Friend Andy Harris, he'll make a great congressman.
Andy Harris - I'm Andy Harris and I approved this message.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

People use the words liberal and conservative so much and so often - but without really knowing what they really mean.

When insulting someone by calling them a liberal, do mean "one who favors larger influence in the business of government," ie liberally-applied federal oversight of the way the nation is run? Or you do just mean "this dummy who doesn't share my beliefs?"

When calling someone a neo-con, do you mean "someone whose view of government favors smaller federal oversight" or do you mean "moron who wants to elect Jesus Christ as President?"

I'm sure others will critique my meanings, but I'm sure you get the idea.

Joe, a lot of these back-and-forths (not from you, mostly) is sheer invective, and meant to be hurtful or indemnifying; I have no taste for it.

Anonymous said...

Everybody has been telling me all day they saw me, yet I'm about the only one who hasn't seen it myself! Probably not missing much - I'll bet I looked terrible and no, I'm not looking for comments from the peanut gallery. I plead guilty as charged!

LOL
Man #4

Anonymous said...

Kratovil IS endorsed by Big Governemnt Spenders:O'Malley, Pelosi, Steny Hoyer, Barney Frank and the list goes on. Some like Pelosi personally contributed to his campaign. These people don't dish out money for nothing...

Anonymous said...

I am voting Harris. Anyone backed by our tax happy governor is nto the man for me.